GEN 1 Phillips=white light?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
Read reviews and comparisons but couldn't really tell from the pics. I know the 2010 stock halogens suck but not able to do a retrofit right now. They are wearing though so time to replace. I would like to go with something "whiter" to match my 5,000k light bar. The Phillips extreames seem to be the replacement of choice but is the color temperature whiter compared to stock? If not what would be? Output is less of a concern than color temperature to me.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey all,
Read reviews and comparisons but couldn't really tell from the pics. I know the 2010 stock halogens suck but not able to do a retrofit right now. They are wearing though so time to replace. I would like to go with something "whiter" to match my 5,000k light bar. The Phillips extreames seem to be the replacement of choice but is the color temperature whiter compared to stock? If not what would be? Output is less of a concern than color temperature to me.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Looks like the Phillips X-tremevision bulbs are 3400K color temperature so they'd be the same color as the factory bulbs.

You'll need the Phillips CrystalVision bulbs for bluer "HID look."

The Mav

FRF Addict
Reaction score
phillips crystalvision are 4000K, a little cooler are the sylvania silverstar ultras at 4100K