Parking light thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
daddycreswell

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems I'm only one reading this, but anyways. I did the mod tonight, I learned before hand that if you just do the yellow wire with blue tracer in the grey 10 pin connector you are only going to have the front parking lights on. I wanted the back on as well, so I did some googling and found out that the rears are in the black 32 pin connector with the clip on it the wire is yellow with green tracer. I used 2 pieces of wire, used the side by side connectors (don't know what they are called) tied into each of the parking light wires and then into one wire going into the AUX 4 wire which is brown. Took me about 30 minutes and bam I was done. One note, if you pull that black 32 pin connector out and you will need to your inside lights will flash until you hook it back up so don't be alarmed when it happens.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I attempted to wire the parking lights to an aux switch as shown here but I found that the 2010 is wired differently then the 2013's shown in this thread. I have two plugs both with more then 10 connector. No yellow wire with blue tracer in either, there is a yellow with purple and a solid yellow. I didn't want to risk popping a fuse or shorting something out. daddycreswell's post said when he unplugged his connector the back marker lights were still on, does this mod only enable the front marker and parking lights to be on? If any one has a wiring schematic for the 2010 and can pin point the right wire for me it would be greatly appreciated. Here's is a pic of the two connectors on the 2010.
the parking light wire for the 10's is the purple/white. in the pic you posted, it is in the top grey plug on the left side, top wire

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

forgot to mention, it is also a positive trigger

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
All the parking lights on!

I did this mod today on my 2010, took all of 15 minutes. On mine it was the purple with white stripe wire on the top grey connector plug as Car Stereo Company aka nosbusa pointed out for me up a few post here. I used a small flat spade terminal that fit right into the purple and white wire spot on the plug so I didn't have to splice the wire. Just wanted to say that on my 2010 every light that comes with the parking light position come on when I turn on the ignition with # 4 upfitter switch on. I read here that some newer trucks needed two wire points for the front and back to be on.