Outlaw hood mounts and HIDX lights from Alternative Off Road

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the yeti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just adding this in for anyone else doing this exact setup. I did my Outlaw Mounts last nights with the HIDx's. I removed the plastic cowling completely to do the cuts and the install the mounts. It comes off with just a few clips per side, just make sure and reconnect the washer hoses. Made the cuts easier, and no need to worry about the paint. Afterward it slides around the mounts and clips right back in.

Where are the clips? and how does it slide off?(up, back or down)? thank you

jrubin80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just used a flathead at various points along the hood side of the cowling to pop them up. It separates in the middle, so you do 1 side at a time. Make sure to disconnect both washer hoses. FYI, the clips are plastic, and I was told ahead of time they are not hard to break, but even after breaking 1 during the process, it sealed itself down just fine when I was done. The biggest benefit was that it made trimming the plastic for the mount much simpler.

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know it sounds nice to have the cowling out, but cutting the cowling with a Dremel was not difficult with the cowling in place. It still takes patience and time to cut the opening just right.

If you have any difficulty removing the cowling or don't want to spend the time, I suggest giving it a try without removing it. Although without a Dremel, it might be a lot more difficult.

Last edited:
OP
OP
puddle hunter

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea.. cutting the cowl without removing it, was super easy. I actually used tin snips to do the rough cut, then used the Dremel to smooth and finish. It quite literally took me less than 2 minutes per side.