Oracle side mirror lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I call BS. I have had these installed on my truck for 6 months and do not have that problem. As long as you ran the wires and they are insulated/connected properly you should not have this issue.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah Not sure I trust that statement. How did you wire them up? What gauge wire and where did you run the wire? I will say that our trucks are very "electrically noisy", so the connection points and gauge/insulation on the wire and connections are going to be important.

I also have the 801A package. I wonder if the type of radio/headunit I have has anything to do with it?

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I don't believe it's some trucks either. I would out the blame on how it was installed as john mentioned. Wiring, connection points, etc.

xtcbct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should tap into the ground of the factory door lock switch. On mine I believe it was a purple wire. I agree that some of the instructions could use some improvement though.

xtcbct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting note on tapping into this ground...my FM radio stations now have static when these lights are on. Took me 8 months to have timing for when these mirror lights are on and my FM radio was on.

Assassin

Reaction score
My guess is that it's grounded near your antenna. When I installed my fog lights I grounded them to a bolt on the frame in the engine bay located close to the antenna and I got some static when they were turned on with a few FM stations that had a weak signal. I just noticed this a few days ago so I haven't relocated that wire to see if that's exactly the problem or not, it's just a theory though. I also have a bullet antenna, not sure if that makes a difference.