opinions on light setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2baddogs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Im a light newb. As such, I would like to get some feedback on what I would consider a reasonable setup. Not trying to go "light crazy". My goal is to add good quality auxiliary lighting that would would meet the minimum for going on some of the group runs and basically lighting up the night as needed.

For whatever reason, my preference is with KC Hilites and for the most part dont care for the lightbars. That being said, Ive spec'd the following lights and am looking for feedback or potentially better options (better light output for price).

I have done a fair amount of research (which is confusing me further!). Some simple clarification or recommendations would help.

Some confusion I have - 6" vs 8" ( Need to fit on the KC 4 tab lightbar for now)
Beam pattern - driving vs spot (besides what would be the obvious)
LED, HID, etc....

6" Pro Sport LED Spot Beam (focused bright light) Pair Pack, #643

6" Pro Sport LED Driving Beam (Street Legal) Pair Pack, #644

KC HILITES | Pro-Sport with Gravity LED G6 Pair Pack System

3" LZR LED Cube Bumper Light Pair Pack System for Ford Raptor (2010-2013) - Black - KC #340 (Driving Beam)

3" LZR LED Cube Bumper Light Pair Pack System for Ford Raptor (2010-2013) - Black - KC #340 (Spread Beam)

With a current sale through a vendor, the above lights are gonna run about $1120.

Fire away!

Thanks for any feedback you may have.

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You may find the 6" look a bit small, women and the raptor like 8" or better in those. Seriously though, the light bars give off more light, but I like the look of mine, either way you go will be fine for group runs. You will get addicted and will always want more light. good luck!

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cool, thats what I want then!

Sorry, usually dont deal with anything smaller than 12"!!

Hey, when you decide what size and brand lights you like, give us a shot at getting you a smoking hot price for them. We are currently running our One Year Anniversary Sale, so you can save even more!!!

PM me with any questions you may have, and we'll get you all set up.

Thanks.

OP
OP
2baddogs

2baddogs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May I suggest adding some rear facing amber lighting for trail visibility. The person behind you will very much appreciate it.

Thanks for the suggestion. Already reading @Rookie's install on the whelens.

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Hey, when you decide what size and brand lights you like, give us a shot at getting you a smoking hot price for them. We are currently running our One Year Anniversary Sale, so you can save even more!!!

PM me with any questions you may have, and we'll get you all set up.

Thanks.

Cool, will do! Thanks.

DezertRacer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
First .. Are you on Facebook and have you joined the "Southern Nevada Raptor Group"? We are a Vegas local group with 150 members and growing . Second .. You could check out some of the lighting options we already have and see in person . Both of these truck are running the KC Carbon pods . HIDs 70 watts a piece . They are 7" . The red truck is using the KC bar mount . Black truck is a custom bumper . Anytime you want to swing by my shop and take a look just come thru . I own Aftermarket HQ here in Las Vegas . Hope to see you on some runs, search southern Nevada raptor group on Facebook or www.snrgoffroad.comImageUploadedByTapatalk1445474504.233553.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk