Olympus Long throw Pod Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goathearder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I bought a set of these pods and got them installed last week so wanted to throw up a quick review for everyone.

Quick Summary : I am VERY happy with these, especially for the price and I would definitely buy these again and recommend them.

Long Story:
I did a night trip in Pismo a while back and all I had was some Rigid Dually spots in the fog mount holes and it was NOT enough light. I saw these posted on the forum on for half the price of VisionX I was convinced to give them a shot.

The lights are 4.5 inch bodies and a 25 watt single LED (just like the VisionX ones). I have to say that Max was great through the whole sales and follow up process and answered all my questions and did some explaining about the competitors and the differences which made me even more comfortable getting them.

I ordered on a Friday and had them in my hands the next Thursday. The external packing was great but one of the lights had a few scratches in the finish and one light had a few scratches in the lens. I think this was because the mounting brackets were just floating in the boxes but I spoke to Max about it and Olympus looked into it immediately so it wouldn't happen again. I'll just say that the customer service here was amazing and Max followed up multiple times through the process to make sure I was happy. The lights do not have Weatherpack connectors on them like the VisionX lights but the wiring was easy enough and I put my own quick disconnects in. I mounted them to the SDHQ no cut hood mounts and they fit perfectly.

As far as the performance, I am very impressed with them. I attached some pictures comparing them to stock headlights and the Rigid Duallys for comparison but these things throw a lot of light in front of you. I used them on a night run out in the desert and it was night and day compared to my night run before them.

Pic 1 - Headlights
Pic 2 - Long Throw Pods
Pic 3 - Rigid Dually Spots

Attachments

• DSC02711[1].jpg
    DSC02711[1].jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC02713[1].jpg
    DSC02713[1].jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC02714[1].jpg
    DSC02714[1].jpg