Oem hid headlight question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justinkennebell

Reaction score
Hey guys been reading the forums and I needed some help / knowledge. I am picking up some 2014 oem headlights and from the pictures he sent me I will need the ballast and wiring and maybe bulbs . Where can I pick these up ? I emailed raptor retro and I am waiting for a response . I just didn't want to pick these up and it be a little more than I bargained for. My main question is, is there a kit that comes with everything to make it plug and play? My truck is a 2010.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1395.jpg
    IMG_1395.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1394.jpg
    IMG_1394.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1393.jpg
    IMG_1393.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 104

M3toSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys been reading the forums and I needed some help / knowledge. I am picking up some 2014 oem headlights and from the pictures he sent me I will need the ballast and wiring and maybe bulbs . Where can I pick these up ? I emailed raptor retro and I am waiting for a response . I just didn't want to pick these up and it be a little more than I bargained for. My main question is, is there a kit that comes with everything to make it plug and play? My truck is a 2010.
Thanks

I think this may be what you need.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/components/harnesses/f150-oem-hid-conversion-2009-2014.html

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/components/ballasts/oe-replacement-osram-35xt5.html

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/components/bulbs/d3s-osram-xenarc-66340-cbi.html

SVO 85

Reaction score
Your other option is to send them into Raptor Retroft. Their 55 watt Evo upgrade comes with all the wiring to plug it in.

OP
OP
Justinkennebell

Justinkennebell

Reaction score
Thanks guys a local guy is doing evo upgrade . Crossing my fingers they come out good . I love oem but he has assured me this is the way to go.

M3toSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys a local guy is doing evo upgrade . Crossing my fingers they come out good . I love oem but he has assured me this is the way to go.

EvoX-R with 50w ballast and nightbreaker bulbs or the new Osram CBH (if you want a whiter light) is the way to go.
Keep us updated.

OP
OP
Justinkennebell

Justinkennebell

Reaction score
Update . He installed the evox-r projectors and his brand bulb and ballast . As of right now I am not impressed the lighting is a blue tint. the output is less than I wanted . He is sending me the morimoto 55w and hopefully it fixes the blue and lack of light. I was told the the 55w could over heat the housing on the light ? Has anyone heard of this happening ?

M3toSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update . He installed the evox-r projectors and his brand bulb and ballast . As of right now I am not impressed the lighting is a blue tint. the output is less than I wanted . He is sending me the morimoto 55w and hopefully it fixes the blue and lack of light. I was told the the 55w could over heat the housing on the light ? Has anyone heard of this happening ?

Are they 35w right now? If you go to 50W it should bring the color down some while increasing brightness. But it sounds like a crappy bulb and/or ballast combo. What kind of parts were used?
You shouldnt have any problems with a 50w setup in that projector.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Justinkennebell

Justinkennebell

Reaction score
I have no clue on the brand used . I am guessing not a quality brand .I am replacing them with morimoto parts. I usually am a do it your self kind of guy but I felt I needed to go to someone to achieve the goal . I guess I will have to see when the new parts come in if it fixes the issue. I seriously almost put the stock halogens back in.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

If you could build the best set up what would you use ? Like projector, ballast , bulb , harness combo ?

M3toSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no clue on the brand used . I am guessing not a quality brand .I am replacing them with morimoto parts. I usually am a do it your self kind of guy but I felt I needed to go to someone to achieve the goal . I guess I will have to see when the new parts come in if it fixes the issue. I seriously almost put the stock halogens back in.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

If you could build the best set up what would you use ? Like projector, ballast , bulb , harness combo ?

Ewww.... that's bad if you're considering that.
You will at least want this setup for the EVOX-R
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/d2s-morimoto-elite.html

I would stick with the EVO projectors due to their easy install and pair them with the Morimoto D2S HID kit. If going all out, install the Nightbreaker HID bulbs or the Osram CBH.

Last edited:

SVO 85

Reaction score
Did he tell you the color temp of the bulbs? Like is said above, the 55 watt ballast will knock some of the blue from the light but it will also cut the bulb life in half which is why I'd stick with morimoto bulbs. My OEM lights with the 55 watt EVO upgrade pretty much overpowers my 20 inch rigid in the bumper so you should definitely see an improvement with your new lights.