OEM F-150 2013-14 Projectors... What ballast and bulb?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grantoser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am interested in buying used oem projector headlights on ebay from a 2013-14 F-150 and installing them on my 2011. The problem I am having is that the ones on ebay DO NOT come with ballasts or bulbs. Is there a way I can buy any simple HID bulb and ballast kit and run it in these headlights? Or do I need the factory style ballast kit for these headlights?

I just am not sure what to do since the factory ballasts screw on the the back of these headlights normally... if I run a different ballast kit will there be open holes where the oem ballast would have gone? I guess I could seal the holes if this is this the case...

If I can just buy a simple ballast/light kit what size bulb would I need to order to make this work? like any of these at the top of this page?: The Retrofit Source | Innovative Headlight Upgrades

Or do i have to buy a fancy expensive kit like this to make it work: 2013+ Ford F150: OEM HID System - HID Systems from The Retrofit Source Inc

I guess I would also have to figure out how to seal up the back of the bulb since normally it looks like the oem bulb has a big round seal that goes over the back of the headlight....

Confused on what to do here... Please help!

treatcg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check with Raptor Retrofits. I bet he has several stock ballast and bulbs laying around from upgrades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
grantoser

grantoser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check with Raptor Retrofits. I bet he has several stock ballast and bulbs laying around from upgrades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Raptor Retrofit do you happen to have any stock setups laying around? If not do you know what the best way to go about this would be? Thank you!

bmacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do have my HID's that I had in my totaled truck. The housings are trash but I believe all the internals are good.

Not sure what the going rate is though...

OP
OP
grantoser

grantoser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do have my HID's that I had in my totaled truck. The housings are trash but I believe all the internals are good.

Not sure what the going rate is though...

PM me a price and ill see what I can do!