No Lights!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbrichmond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All,

I spent the last three hours learning how to wire my 8.7" vision X HID's to my front bumper. These things are bright, worked really well for about 20 minutes then... nothing. If it was a grounding issue, would they have gone out pretty much instantly? Or would they go out after the lights fully heated up? On the contrary, is it more than likely bad wiring on my end?? I checked the wires and they all seem to be fine, i'm stumped. Any help would be great. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

Neither light is working now, so it has to either be the ground or the connection between the upfitter and the exterior wires... Right?

OP
OP
jbrichmond

jbrichmond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wired them to AUX #1. I put both to red on the exterior and then to yellow on the interior wire. Checked inside connection and it's fine. Checking the outside now. How would I know if it's a fuse?

OP
OP
jbrichmond

jbrichmond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I grounded to the first bolt to the left of the battery... Will clean up wires after I get it working, don't worry

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 57

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
use a different ground. thats not a good spot. even if its not the cause of the problem, its good to have a solid ground especially with higher current.