No High Beam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svt_ivan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I connected my new OEM hid headlights last night with a morimoto harness. As soon as I switch the high beams on they turn on but instantly shut off. It sounds like something is being overloaded and the harness immediately clicks shutting them off. Could this be due to a bad ground, but wouldn't this mean my regular beams wouldn't be working either? Any ideas on what I should check out?

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Who did you buy the Morimoto harness from?
It could be that, many people have had problems with only 1 hi beam flashing or lights come on but will not shut off unless you disconnect the negative battery cable.
This could just be another one of the weird things that can happen, but it is the first time I've heard of it.
If you bought it from TRS call them and ask.

OP
OP
svt_ivan

svt_ivan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from what I have read on other posts it's a bad relay

Who did you buy the Morimoto harness from?
It could be that, many people have had problems with only 1 hi beam flashing or lights come on but will not shut off unless you disconnect the negative battery cable.
This could just be another one of the weird things that can happen, but it is the first time I've heard of it.
If you bought it from TRS call them and ask.

It ended up being the harness, luckily the guy I bought the headlights from was kind enough to give me two harnesses. So I just swapped them out and problem solved. Thanks for the responses guys!

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wanting to sell something and need to get to 50 posts?

He's purchased some stuff here including a Dirty Deeds from us. He's been around for a while and contributing occasionally. I don't see anything wrong with him participating........

D

Deleted member 12951

He's purchased some stuff here including a Dirty Deeds from us. He's been around for a while and contributing occasionally. I don't see anything wrong with him participating........

You are right, he stopped at 41