no drill roof mounts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6cuda6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if you can get "no drill" roof mounts for the 50 and 54" light bars? If so who makes them?

I have this thing about drilling holes in vehicles when you live in the salt belt.... :-(

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would also like to know. I think RI and ADD use rivets under the weather stripping.

Baddoug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm also curious. There is no way I'm drilling into the roof of my baby!!!!

Scrap man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drilling is the only way to go you can't put a heavy ass light bar on your roof jump around and beat on the truck and think the light bar will stay where you put it. Rivets are a moment in time they will not last stainless bolts are not going anywhere and for the guys that like bling you got some shinny stuff on your roof. It's liberating to drill into a 60k truck just do it if you ever take it off nobody's going to look on your roof for holes just silicone them up your good to go. Just my two cents if you are going to do it do it right not for the look but the function and 99.9% of the time it will look cool also but at least it serves a purpose and sets you apart from the car show crowd. Screw wax go get it dirty have fun with the toy you bought.

Attachments

• image-3175780786.jpg
    image-3175780786.jpg
    518 KB · Views: 115
  • image-1128157628.jpg
    image-1128157628.jpg
    492.8 KB · Views: 115
  • image-647840078.jpg
    image-647840078.jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 116

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha... I remember when we bought our roadster. Two weeks later I installed the spoiler.

Woke up at 5 am. It was about a three hour job. Two and a half hours of looking at it and contemplating whether I really wanted to drill holes in my brand new car... ten minutes of drilling and 20 minutes of mounting.

Silicone RTV is your friend!

Scrap man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are all toys right what the hell y not. And if you want the peace of mind that it's not going anywhere you have to drill a hole or two or four

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is no need to drill into the roof. There are plenty of mount that will bolt in thru the door jamb. There are already two factory rivets in the location so they are drilled out and a nutzert is then used. Once you have the rivet location for the first whole, you drill the second and use another nutzert. You do the same on the other side and you have a very strong mount and no holes in the roof. And with the location of the mounting point you do not need to worry about water intrusion like a hole in he roof

Scrap man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you looked into a thule or Yakima roof mount? Then you only need a bar mount for your might bar. Donate to Avery and be entered into a raffle for an awesome prize for your Raptor. Bullets for your gun! http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=793926

I personally would not do this I don't think it looks right but it is a option and it my be somebody's cup of tea I just don't think you could make it look like it belongs there.

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

There is no need to drill into the roof. There are plenty of mount that will bolt in thru the door jamb. There are already two factory rivets in the location so they are drilled out and a nutzert is then used. Once you have the rivet location for the first whole, you drill the second and use another nutzert. You do the same on the other side and you have a very strong mount and no holes in the roof. And with the location of the mounting point you do not need to worry about water intrusion like a hole in he roof

If you really want it to be a solid mount and not have to worry about anything I don't see how you can get around holes in the roof. Nutzerts suck in my onion haven't had good luck with them. I think it could work but I'm just not a fan rivets are out of the question for me I wouldn't trust them. I have drilled holes in my roof I did use a good amount of silicone and made sure it would never leak or at least for the foreseeable future but I can tell you no matter what I do that light is not leaving my truck its on there for good or at least till I roll it them maybe it may come off.