No-cut hood mounts comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the AO mounts and after a little trial and error doing it myself I got them on and have zero complaints. If I had to do it over again I would get another pair of hands to start and also remove the left and right wiper cowl to avoid bending/cutting the plastic. I did end up buying new cowls since I notched out part of the originals to make room for tools. I have no vibration with 4.5 Apollo Optics on the mounts. They look great.

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sdhq mounts are a bit thin for heavier lights. A friend has them with larger rigid lights, and they vibrate around quite a bit.

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whatd be REALLY nice is if these guys put slots in the mounting holes so you dont have to FULLY remove the bolts. Just loosen the bolts up a quarter inch... slide the bracket under... tighten down. Seems like itd make install a lot easier for one person. Sure, youd still have to align the hood bracket... but at least itd still all be held together.

OP
OP
Bussy

Bussy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The install was a bit easier only because it was a second time around. I do feel that a favorable difference is that the @SDHQ mounts have more clearance from the hood and side panel. Next step will be to check for vibration.
fa1d51248bdaf372479481560b87cc0c.jpg

FireLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Vision X 4.5 cannons and AO mounts... The AO mounts are super strong and dont look like they would budge or vibrate after installed...

44cac7a010bfafd9bc34bd652d21ead3.jpg