No cut hood mount purchase help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goathearder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the SDHQ mounts last night and they fit great. No rubbing and plenty of clearance.

The rear hood hinge bolt is a b**ch to get started back in and make sure you make some alignment marks before you unbolt it but it was a pretty easy install.

WReX24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the SDHQ ones, no issues at all. Install was a pain because I did it by myself and didn't disconnect the pistons. I can't imagine either being too different from the other; both are great vendors, I've worked with both of them.

Berky

Reaction score
Sounds like either option will work out fine. I too have the Alternative Offroad mounts on my truck and they work great. The rear bolt was a pain in the ass, but in the end it all worked out. They are very sturdy and there is no vibrations on the light (at least none that I can tell.)

nsdq3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
quick hood mount question. Is there any (or much) increase in wind noise with a hood mount set up. I know quite a few guys complain about the wind with roof mounts and wasn't sure if the hood mounts caused something similar.

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
quick hood mount question. Is there any (or much) increase in wind noise with a hood mount set up. I know quite a few guys complain about the wind with roof mounts and wasn't sure if the hood mounts caused something similar.

I have zero noise from my 4.5 Round lights on AO mounts.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jondle,
You put the mounts on the wrong sides. The tab that mounts the light points to the mirror...not the center. That is probably why yours is rubbing....
Eddie

ps I have the Alternative mounts; they are stout, and vibration free

Last edited:

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jondle,
You put the mounts on the wrong sides. The tab that mounts the light points to the mirror...not the center. That is probably why yours is rubbing....
Eddie

ps I have the Alternative mounts; they are stout, and vibration free

I may have worded it wrong in the post. I started out trying to put them on the wrong sides, but they are definitely correct now. When trying to bolt them down, I could definitely tell they were backwards as they didn't really fit. When I swapped them, it became clear. One side still rubs a little on the fender and I'm 100% confident that if I loosened and adjusted it, I could fix it. If it was rubbing on steel, I would do it. Fiberglass isn't going to rust and you can't see the rub because it is under the mount, so...