No cut hood mount purchase help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramx50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need some help on what hood mounts to buy.

I see that both SDHQ and ALT Offroad have no cut hood mounts.

My first question is what is the difference in these mounts?? Quality, material, thickness, finish???

My second question, is any difference in the mounts big enough to pay more for?

Thanks guys!!

OP
OP
ramx50

ramx50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont know the difference but I'm happy with my ALT Offroad ones

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

A few guys have said they like the SDHQ ones as well I would just like to know what is different.

this question is just stuck in my brain so I need to know the answer

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We make ours out of 1/4" steel plate, Laser Cut, CNC Bend them, tig weld washers on the bottoms, then have them powdercoated satin black. It might be hard to compare the two brands because technically they both do the same thing. I know our mounts sit pretty low to the cowl for a low-profile look. If you have any questions pertaining to our product feel free to message me!

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like my Alternative ones. Was able to install by myself, but a second set of hands would definitely help.

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed my Alternative Offroad ones and it was pretty easy, but I had 4 hands.

I will say, my drivers side just barely touches the fender and has rubbed the paint off about 1/8". I'm confident I could loosen the bolts and adjust it, but it's fiberglass, so it won't rust, and it's covered by the light mount, so it is pretty hard to notice...so I'm sure its fine.

I couldn't find my 1/4" ratchet, so I used a 10mm wrench. That made it take about 10 times longer than it would have with the proper tools.

Other thing I did was try to put the left one on the right side. Took me a couple minutes to realize the tab the light goes on should go to the center of the vehicle, not the outside.

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Our A-Pillar mounts are made out of laser cut 3/16" plate that is CNC bent into the proper shape to prevent any rubbing on the body. Our mounts are slotted for adjustment as well. To further aid in installing lights on your A-Pillars, we offer a Raptor specific wiring harness so you don't have to fumble around with the universal harness that is supplied in other vendor's kits.

Our mounts are also cheaper than other mounts on the market!

sdhq-raptor%20a%20pillar%20lights-vision%20x-light%20cannon-7.jpg

sdhq-raptor%20a%20pillar%20lights-vision%20x-light%20cannon-4.jpg

sdhq-raptor-a-pillar-lights-vision-x-light-cannon-6-1024x667.jpg

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Our A-Pillar mounts are made out of laser cut 3/16" plate that is CNC bent into the proper shape to prevent any rubbing on the body. Our mounts are slotted for adjustment as well. To further aid in installing lights on your A-Pillars, we offer a Raptor specific wiring harness so you don't have to fumble around with the universal harness that is supplied in other vendor's kits.

Our mounts are also cheaper than other mounts on the market!

sdhq-raptor%20a%20pillar%20lights-vision%20x-light%20cannon-7.jpg

sdhq-raptor%20a%20pillar%20lights-vision%20x-light%20cannon-4.jpg

sdhq-raptor-a-pillar-lights-vision-x-light-cannon-6-1024x667.jpg

Nice! I should have waited for these.

Motz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SDHQ mounts are great. No rubbing and easy to put on.

My only advice would be to take both struts for the hood off and prop it up with a broom handle or something similar. I tried to do it with just the side I was working on and couldn't get everything lined up perfectly. Once I took both off everything came together for me.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have SDHQ mounts. Fitment is spot on and the slotted bolt holes are nice for added adjustment. I wish they were labeled for which side goes where, but once you try to put the drivers side on the passenger side you'll know it doesn't belong there lol.