New/More Raptor Lighting - You Can Never Have Too Many Lumens!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looking initially at the Raptor it's hard to see where additional lights can be added. We've managed to find a number of ways and locations to add more lighting.

Now that I've finished installing the 20" LED lightbar from Rigid Industries and 2 sets of Duallys, I'm wondering what's next.

For some time now I've been thinking about what we could put behind our grill since it has a lot of open space. I've seen cars and trucks with lights mounted behind the grills (including the po-po who sometimes have "unmarked cars" with lights behind the grills).

Obviously this is not a unique idea. But I thought I'd ask Taylor at Rigid Industries about it and, sure enough, he's been working on such a solution (Hmm, that white Raptor sure looks familiar...I wonder if our SOCOmech/Matt has got himself yet another freebie for his Raptor - that guy's sharp as a tack!).

I've asked Taylor for more info on this installation of their 40" lightbar (now THAT will add a LOT of light) and some pics of the lights on:

DSCN3630.jpg

DSCN3625.jpg

DSCN3626.jpg

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More is better, just like horsepower. I want to be seen from the upper troposphere and not just the stratosphere. I want it!!!!!

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Couldn't you do the same thing with the 20 inch bar down low?
(stick it behind the mesh grill)

RigidAZ

Rigid Rep
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Dan for enlightening everyone on the new stuff we are working on....we have also decided(because everyone is hounding me) to go ahead with the 50" top roof mount setup...i will keep you guys posted.

and yes that white truck does look familiar doesnt it...Hats off to Matt for being our go to Raptor guy...we are actually thinking of dedicating a parking spot up front.. and no-he does not live close to our shop.

All I know is he must have a very understanding boss, who also by the way lets him wear flip flops to work everyday...Thanks Matt...

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Dan for enlightening everyone on the new stuff we are working on....we have also decided(because everyone is hounding me) to go ahead with the 50" top roof mount setup...i will keep you guys posted.

and yes that white truck does look familiar doesnt it...Hats off to Matt for being our go to Raptor guy...we are actually thinking of dedicating a parking spot up front.. and no-he does not live close to our shop.

All I know is he must have a very understanding boss, who also by the way lets him wear flip flops to work everyday...Thanks Matt...

OK Taylor, a 50" on top of the roof, a 40" in the grill, a 20" below the bumper and 2 pairs of Duallys, that oughta turn night into day! That'd be about 10 feet of Rigid Industries LED lights! Wow!

Please keep us posted here or let me know and I'll keep everyone informed.

By the way, last I heard Matt is retired (for now)...that explains the flip flops and hours he keeps.

RigidAZ

Rigid Rep
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
will do...and yes, Matt is retired......you missed my sense of humor. dont worry, most everyone does.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
i'm thinking of robbing the local Lighthouse and using a ratchet strap to secure that puppy to my roof.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Can I get something like this mounted on my front bumper?

Every night a strong light is projected to the sky from the top part of Luxor Hotel.

Wikipedia claimed that as the brightest in the world, the beam "is visible from anywhere in the Las Vegas valley at night, and can be seen at flight level from above Los Angeles, California, over 275 miles (440 km) away."