New Model Spyder Headlight releasing next month.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M3toSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been eyeing these new headlights (see below) that Spyder will be releasing next month and went ahead and put them on pre-order.
They are damn near an exact replica of the OEM HID headlight. Minus the HID and a few other details.
I am planning on doing some comparison testing for light output to get a good baseline before I retrofit them with new projectors.
From the looks of things, I may be able to squeeze some larger projectors in these lights as opposed to the older model from my previous builds.
I should also have some OEM projectors soon to take the same measurements for a direct comparison.

These could be a much cheaper solution if your looking for OEM headlights that you may retrofit anyway.

I will create another post later to keep everyone informed of the progress.

Spyder%20Light%202_zpsfqsgaq5o.png

Spyder%20Light_zps6v9k1fnp.png

Spyder%20Light%204_zpsgmwtqqjp.png

Spyder%20Light%203_zpsdktgxfr4.png

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You know what? I like look of the conventional, non-projector headlights on the earlier GEN1 Raptors best of all. The look better whether they are lit or unlit, and with good bulbs illuminate the road quite well

OP
OP
M3toSVT

M3toSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know what? I like look of the conventional, non-projector headlights on the earlier GEN1 Raptors best of all. The look better whether they are lit or unlit, and with good bulbs illuminate the road quite well

I have a brand new set of OEM halogens that I will throw in to the mix as well. Ill even use the stock bulb and some upgraded bulbs to see how they stack up with the others as well as what I have installed on my truck now.

Looks like it will be 4 sets that I will be testing now. LOL!

Any other suggestions for testing, please let me know.

OP
OP
M3toSVT

M3toSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just can't get over the huge white C. Fugly. Maybe if it was amber...

I may play with the lens and see what I can do. Are you referring mostly to the lens being white or the color when lit?

The lens can be painted black as well and wont be lit. Ill get you an example.

Tex-R1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just can't get over the huge white C. Fugly. Maybe if it was amber...
Yeah I feel the same, amber would be better

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

I have been eyeing these new headlights (see below) that Spyder will be releasing next month and went ahead and put them on pre-order.
They are damn near an exact replica of the OEM HID headlight. Minus the HID and a few other details.
I am planning on doing some comparison testing for light output to get a good baseline before I retrofit them with new projectors.
From the looks of things, I may be able to squeeze some larger projectors in these lights as opposed to the older model from my previous builds.
I should also have some OEM projectors soon to take the same measurements for a direct comparison.

These could be a much cheaper solution if your looking for OEM headlights that you may retrofit anyway.

I will create another post later to keep everyone informed of the progress.

Spyder%20Light%202_zpsfqsgaq5o.png

Spyder%20Light_zps6v9k1fnp.png

Spyder%20Light%204_zpsgmwtqqjp.png

Spyder%20Light%203_zpsdktgxfr4.png
I wouldn't mind seeing this!

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I may play with the lens and see what I can do. Are you referring mostly to the lens being white or the color when lit?

The lens can be painted black as well and wont be lit. Ill get you an example.

I wouldn't want it to be white whether it is lit or not.

OP
OP
M3toSVT

M3toSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I feel the same, amber would be better

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

I wouldn't mind seeing this!

Something like this?

Spyder%20Light%20With%20Amber_zpstgsiuiiz.jpg