NEW Lighting setup! ALL LED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
My vision-x 8.7" halogens are for sale by the way (in perfect condition)

I've had vision-X 8.7" halogens and light cannons for a while now and love the setup! But 6000 lumens vs. Same price and 22500 lumens from 2 led lights bars has practically no comparative values whatsoever. That being said, here is how my light bar has evolved over the past 1 1/4 years....
Installed when truck was on bottom perch
u5edaqu2.jpg
3atubu7a.jpg
Added 4 cheap "Chinese" hids to them
u9ebuhe3.jpg
Got fed up with the Chinese lights going out and I actually had wires on them burn.... (Trust me I had them wired up perfectly) So I bought 4 vision-x 8.7" halogens!
bahumesa.jpg
Some **** at Walmart scratched my light bar up on purpose so I went and had It line-x coated! The led pods were attached to my TMX bed mounts. I plan to get another set to attached like the pic below.
enavu4uj.jpg

My NEW plans.

I gave M&R a call and ordered up two 32" led light bars! Rated at 11250 lumens each! Ip-68 waterproof (same as rigid and vision-x) and unbreakable polycarbonate lens!

M&R was great to deal with and shipped very Prompt! He gave Me a great deal on the two and even included one of the light bars with a free Amber lens! I will post in here Friday, when the lights are supposed to arrive. I am going tomorrow to have the brackets welded in

For mounting I decided to have two steel brackets welded in going from the bottom horizontal bar to The top pre-runner style bar. That way I can dual stack the light bars like this :
runegaju.jpg

Here is how mine will be mounted.
a7ara4yb.jpg

Let me know what you guys think.

Also, if you guys have any suggestions on How to possibly make the light bar sit on the truck more rigid, I would love to hear them! It shakes massively bad offroad and even from the truck shaking at idle.... It wasnt exactly built that well, kinda disappointed. Just check over the pics and feel free to suggest how I can weld on some brackets and get it much more rigid on the truck

Let me know what you guys think!

Edit:
Almost done! Line-x next
jyre4u8u.jpg
amu7emeq.jpg

Now :

ba3a4u7u.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ba3a4u7u.jpg
    ba3a4u7u.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 737
Last edited:

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK, so you asked...

I like what you're doing and you've certainly spent enough time and money - you deserve to get it right.

While you showed the lights you talked about the light bar and the issues with it: vibrates like heck and it's not so well made - I think that's what you said.

So, based on this picture (could use some close-ups to see what's going on with the light bar):

enavu4uj.jpg

It looks like the light bar:

1. Has a lot of nuts and bolts (it's not all welded construction)
2. Like it's relatively thin gauge flat steel brackets
3. And it's pretty narrow where the brackets intersect with the lightbar (cross bar holding the lights)

If all that is true then I suggest you take that thing off and go to a fab shop and have them re-make the lower pieces and then weld them to the light bar and make it much more solid so you minimize the vibration.

Just a suggestion as you don't want to mount nice lights on a rickety light bar (but I do like the look of what you're doing - it just needs to be solid).

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^good advice.

He is right that lower portion looks weak. Beef it up. The rest of your ideas sound pretty good. Should be a very nice setup when done.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
X3. Like the look...good call on the Line-x as well

just spitballing...but may a cross member to add some stability to the brackets and possible serve a dual function of added support and a light mount...

Thanks for the post...

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

Reaction score
OK, so you asked...

I like what you're doing and you've certainly spent enough time and money - you deserve to get it right.

While you showed the lights you talked about the light bar and the issues with it: vibrates like heck and it's not so well made - I think that's what you said.

So, based on this picture (could use some close-ups to see what's going on with the light bar):

enavu4uj.jpg

It looks like the light bar:

1. Has a lot of nuts and bolts (it's not all welded construction)
2. Like it's relatively thin gauge flat steel brackets
3. And it's pretty narrow where the brackets intersect with the lightbar (cross bar holding the lights)

If all that is true then I suggest you take that thing off and go to a fab shop and have them re-make the lower pieces and then weld them to the light bar and make it much more solid so you minimize the vibration.

Just a suggestion as you don't want to mount nice lights on a rickety light bar (but I do like the look of what you're doing - it just needs to be solid).

Thanks for the advice Dan! Top notch stuff right there ^

The fab shop I'm going to shouldn't have any problems making it Solid! I'll get them to up the thickness If the bottom mounts and add some brackets to attach somewhere else to The truck (maybe the two license plate holes).

Thanks again! I'll keep you updated to my setup!

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One other suggestion to consider...

If you remove the plastic panel where many install a 20" light bar, you'll see another, alternative location to mount your light bar.

The good point about this is it's closer to the lights which means less steel should equal less vibration.

Here's an interesting install of a light bar worth looking at to see what I'm talking about and to see the light bar design/gussets used...

1633clean.jpg
(looks like a TMX product)

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

Reaction score

If you remove the plastic panel where many install a 20" light bar, you'll see another, alternative location to mount your light bar.

The good point about this is it's closer to the lights which means less steel should equal less vibration.

Here's an interesting install of a light bar worth looking at to see what I'm talking about and to see the light bar design/gussets used...

1633clean.jpg

That's an N-Fab light bar. I would like to mount it like that! But That's a lot of work.... Idk I'll just get the fab shop to look at it and strengthen it

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Why not get your shop to just shore up the existing brackets and then add two more to go and mount in that middle grille area like the NFAB bar does. Then you'd have four mounting points. It should be pretty solid at that point.

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

Reaction score

1633clean.jpg

Here ya go buddy, this is what we decided to do...
ga9ebu3u.jpg

He said it will be done first of the year

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk