Need new headlight bulbs and wanted to go with LED bulbs there - recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Yoda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been running the Lifetime LED bulb replacements in my '11 for about 8 months now. No issues so far. Only regret is that the high beam is only slightly brighter than low. Low is far better than the OEM's or Sylvania's (which I'd tried before the LED's). Would I do these again.........probably not.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm curious to see the before an after for any vehicle really if you have something.

Roger that. Very interested in lumen and lux comparison figures, if available. The more information provided, the more convinced the prospective purchaser will be!

Olympus, can you please describe what comes in the kit? I passed on the electrical engineering degree, so the black boxes puzzle me. What do they do and where do they mount on the Raptor? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Mac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been running the Lifetime LED bulb replacements in my '11 for about 8 months now. No issues so far. Only regret is that the high beam is only slightly brighter than low. Low is far better than the OEM's or Sylvania's (which I'd tried before the LED's). Would I do these again.........probably not.
Which version did you get? I just got the 70W version. By the way where did you mount the Led driver?

Reaction score
Roger that. Very interested in lumen and lux comparison figures, if available. The more information provided, the more convinced the prospective purchaser will be!

Olympus, can you please describe what comes in the kit? I passed on the electrical engineering degree, so the black boxes puzzle me. What do they do and where do they mount on the Raptor? Thanks in advance.

Hey! Sorry havent been on here in a while.

The black box contains the control modules for the LED Bulb itself. Basically a circuit board. For Vehicles with the Canbus system we place the needed modules inside the box. Some Lights we have started to condense everything to the light itself cutting down on the area it takes up.

We do not manufacture everything on the headlight itself in house and wok with a partner company. We finish the driver in house. Hoping to have a new model out sometime next year that will be much better and uses more technology to sustain the light and will be compatible with projector style housings better than the existing design.

Posted a couple examples customers have sent us.

Attachments

• H13_LED_Lights_JK_Joe_Johnson.jpg
    H13_LED_Lights_JK_Joe_Johnson.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 94
  • Headlights_1.jpg
    Headlights_1.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 78
  • Comparison.jpg
    Comparison.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 84

Master Yoda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mac, the ones I have are 22w on low, 30w on high beam. I mounted the driver to the outside "wall" just behind the headlights. There was a relatively flat spot and they're holding just fine with 3M industrial Velcro. If they ever loosen, I'll drill a hole and screw them in the same spot. Interested to find out how you like the 75w bulbs.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
LED replacement bulbs have just now popped up on my radar. Definitely looking forward to hearing more.

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would love to see a side by side comparison of the 70 watt led compared to stock

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Are you running the highest wattage available?

scarrjack

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We do not manufacture everything on the headlight itself in house and wok with a partner company. We finish the driver in house. Hoping to have a new model out sometime next year that will be much better and uses more technology to sustain the light and will be compatible with projector style housings better than the existing design.

Posted a couple examples customers have sent us.

Interested in these new ones for projector housings, do you have an approximate ETA on them?

Status
Not open for further replies.