Need new headlight bulbs and wanted to go with LED bulbs there - recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

02_Lightning

Banned
Reaction score
I need to get new headlight bulbs and wanted to stay away from brighter halogens (such as Sylvania Silverstar), HID retrofit, or 2013+ HID retrofit kits. With that said, there are options for LED bulbs... such as Putco LED light kits which are around $200. Are these any good? It says plug and play, but I am highly skeptical of that. I can make something fit, but I do not want to screw around with modified wiring. Any thoughts?

I have used LED headlights before and LOVE them. Ironically, my experience with them come froms JW Speaker LED headlights (4x6) that came with the fire truck my fire deaprtment uses. I fell in love with the forward lighting after putting many miles on that truck... now I want them in my 2012 Raptor.

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am interested in this as well. Ive seen the "LED Conversion" kits on ebay for our lights and I know BMW is now producing LED headlights on their cars. Interesting thread.

Reaction score
I need to get new headlight bulbs and wanted to stay away from brighter halogens (such as Sylvania Silverstar), HID retrofit, or 2013+ HID retrofit kits. With that said, there are options for LED bulbs... such as Putco LED light kits which are around $200. Are these any good? It says plug and play, but I am highly skeptical of that. I can make something fit, but I do not want to screw around with modified wiring. Any thoughts?

I have used LED headlights before and LOVE them. Ironically, my experience with them come froms JW Speaker LED headlights (4x6) that came with the fire truck my fire deaprtment uses. I fell in love with the forward lighting after putting many miles on that truck... now I want them in my 2012 Raptor.

For the Non-HID Headlights it uses a standard H13 Bulb. We offer a drop in plug and play kit. No Modifications needed.. Right now they are on sale for Bright Friday at $90 a pair.

Zeus LED Headlight Pair

OP
OP

02_Lightning

Banned
Reaction score
Yes - LED headlights for forward lighting (not just the marker bars that many install) are finally getting very popular. Acura now has this feature, Cadillac Escalade Platinum has had this a while, and the 2015 F150 will also LED headlights.
I found an LED kit which consists of 2 bulbs that has wires/plugs coming from the bulbs. It says that they are plug and play and it seems to have great reviews. I may as well give them a shot for $200.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

For the Non-HID Headlights it uses a standard H13 Bulb. We offer a drop in plug and play kit. No Modifications needed.. Right now they are on sale for Bright Friday at $90 a pair.

Zeus LED Headlight Pair

Thanks!! Do you have any experience with these? The Putco light kit for our truck seems nice as well, but it is $200..... I just was not sure why or what the difference was.

Reaction score
Yes - LED headlights for forward lighting (not just the marker bars that many install) are finally getting very popular. Acura now has this feature, Cadillac Escalade Platinum has had this a while, and the 2015 F150 will also LED headlights.
I found an LED kit which consists of 2 bulbs that has wires/plugs coming from the bulbs. It says that they are plug and play and it seems to have great reviews. I may as well give them a shot for $200.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Thanks!! Do you have any experience with these? The Putco light kit for our truck seems nice as well, but it is $200..... I just was not sure why or what the difference was.

Bigger name Bigger Price.

Status
Not open for further replies.