Need mounts/brackets for 40" Lightbar behind grille

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
bakkbakk

bakkbakk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just jammed a 41" lightbar into a 40" hole. And i ripped out my radiator air deflectors in the process. Lets see yukons instead

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking 1" spacers and longer bolts while keeping the rubber bumpers might do the trick.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just jammed a 41" lightbar into a 40" hole. And i ripped out my radiator air deflectors in the process. Lets see yukons instead

I did my install so long ago and posted pics already. you'd have to really search to find it. Lol....

I used the supplied M&R bracket. Nothing fancy but an inexpensive headwear L bracket with a slot on one side and a hole on the other.

I upgraded the bolt and nut they mount to the truck with a 1/4" or 3/8" stainless carriage bolt, lock washer and nut. The hole in the frame has a plastic nut on the bottom side. This gives out about your second raptor run. At least mine did. Lol... I pushed the plastic nut out and inserted the carriage bolt from the bottom into the square hole. It really worked out well.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

cheapmike13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
09b6c0987fc1646dbf3b07ccafc35e7d.jpg
I just grinded one side down as well as a some of the plastic! I hope it holds
0fe4d3245ba09461a91c5b9b06196fa6.jpg

RandM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@cheapmike13 did you replace the plastic nut underneath as mentioned earlier? I have these same brackets and was looking at the grind/trim option. Do you have a pic of how far you went in on the bracket and any interference issues with the radiator/ cooler bracket?

cheapmike13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@RandM I did replace the plastic with a 10mm nut. I don't have a picture but I just trimmed enough off the light bar bracket so I could see the hole and then just widened it with my drill so the bolt will slide through both holes. You are gonna have a small plastic radiator clearance issue but I just cut that piece of plastic off ill try and get pics for you