Need better headlights in 7 days! Help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just get some regular Sylvania Silverstars or similar and call it good. While higher color temp or bluish bulbs may look brighter due to color, you're actually losing lumens due to the blue filter being used on the bulbs to remove certain portions of the light spectrum. Don't fall for the "ultra white" marketing BS. I'd also stay away from anything not DOT rated etc. or any type of LED headlight bulb replacement. From the testing I've seen, the LED's will certainly be brighter up close but will lack severely in distance compared to the traditional halogens.

I thought about upgrading my bulbs initially, but you're paying money for such minimal gains that it almost doesn't make sense. After getting the OEM HID retrofits, it's like comparing a search light to a single candle light. About the only thing halfway decent on the non-HID F-150 lights was the brights. Low beam setting barely did anything.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went with Philips Xtreme Visions. They are brighter than the older Xtreme Power which were supposedly already brighter than the Sylvanias. I noticed a decent amount of improvement over stock

Ramathorn178

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get ahold of Travis Higginbottom and get some led replacements for the headlights and then snag some led cubes off of amazon for a little distance. If you want to go cheap and legal in the past I've always had great results with hella 500 halogens in either driving and fog patterns.

OP
OP
RayMac1963

RayMac1963

Reaction score
Thanks guys, No PIIA in any stores near me, but i did find the last pair of Silverstar Ultras. I'll do the swap today and see how they do tonight.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
4x4truckLEDS has a nice setup for your H13 bulbs. Have a look at his site... has great feedback too!