Need better headlights in 7 days! Help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RayMac1963

Reaction score
I have to drive across country late next week and i'm taking my 2012 Raptor, but I don't have time or money for a big headlight project.

Of course the good old stock bulb is H13. I want to squeeze some more light out of them for my night driving. Looking for recommendations for a direct swap replacement bulb that i can pick up locally or have overnighted off eBay or Amazon in short order. that will give me a little more kick in the dark. Any ideas?

Last edited:
OP
OP
RayMac1963

RayMac1963

Reaction score
Thanks, I get by some Autoparts places today and see if i can find the PIAA or the Sylvania Silverstars.

Last edited:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You might consider adding DOT approved driving lights. Properly adjusted, a quality set of driving lights will do more for you than any modifications you might make to the factory headlights.

SchultzLD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@BearLeeAsian can help you with some LED bulbs.

Please do @BearLeeAsian, I'm interested in this as well. I want a whiter, brighter bulb, but have the halogen housing. So far the ones I've seen need to be modified slightly and rotated in the housing to not blind oncoming drivers. Was really hoping for a plug and play solution if you have one.

Thanks

OP
OP
RayMac1963

RayMac1963

Reaction score
You might consider adding DOT approved driving lights. Properly adjusted, a quality set of driving lights will do more for you than any modifications you might make to the factory headlights.

Thanks Ruger, I'm already planning on driving lights and an to upgrade to 2014 projectors, but i don't have the time between now and next Thursday. New headlights are like 400, and the driving lights are 500, then i want a good clean install so i think I'm going to let the dealer do it. i'm headed to Disney World for a few days, so my "disposable income" for guns and truck mods is sadly already "disposed of" thanks to my wife and Mickey Mouse.

I'm just hoping to squeeze a little extra light out of whats already there just in case i have to drive at night.