N-Fab vs KC Bumper Light Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've searched the forum and the interwebz for issues regarding vibration of these bars. Let me preface by stating I prefer the classic look of four 8" HID round lights mounted in front of the bumper, over the LED bars mounted inside or flush with the bumper. I thought I was going the LED route, but the more Raptors I see with the four round lights in front, the more I like the appearance. If I can save a few bucks also, it wouldn't hurt. I'm not concerned with light output, as four KC 8" 35W HID lights are sufficient for my off-road trail needs.

KC/Ford Racing Lightbar (bracket):
I've seen where the KC bar (also sold under the Ford Racing brand for $50 more) has 4 mounting points, 2 at each of the tow hooks and 2 at the bumper where the front tag mounts. This seems much sturdier and would prevent vibration due to horizontal as well as vertical support. However, this bar seems to protrude much farther and sits slightly lower due to the design. The light tabs are mounted on the inside (back) of the bar and contributes to the bulkier appearance of the bar itself. While I don't dislike it, I would prefer a slimmer look, as if the lights were mounted to the bumper itself.

N-Fab Lightbar (bracket):
The N-Fab bar seems to only have 2 mounting points at the outer points of the lower grill. It's a much slimmer design and puts the light tabs on the outside (forward) of the light bar. This makes the light bar sit much closer to the body of the truck and gives a cleaner appearance (in my opinion). While I prefer this look, I am concerned about vibration. I've considered welding two tabs that attach to the front tag mount just like the KC bar, but that would require sanding and re-powder-coating, or even Line-xing the bar afterwards to prevent rusting.

Question:
Has anyone had vibration issues with their KC or N-Fab bumper-mounted light bar brackets? If so, what have you done about it, if anything?

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Taxman

I have had the KC lightbar for nearly 3 years. No vibration issues. Only complaint is that after the years of use and abuse, the powercoat is chipping away at the edges, leaving some rust spots. But given the rocks chips and other scratches... it comes with the territory.

OP
OP
Taxman

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Taxman

I have had the KC lightbar for nearly 3 years. No vibration issues. Only complaint is that after the years of use and abuse, the powercoat is chipping away at the edges, leaving some rust spots. But given the rocks chips and other scratches... it comes with the territory.

Yeah, the more I look into this, the more I'm convinced the KC bar is the way to go. I prefer having the 4 mounting points to eliminate vibrations. I may get the bar Line-xed before I install it just to avoid the rock chips and rust issues. I've been through that before and prefer to avoid it.

Thanks!