My Hid story, Need help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I bought my 2011 raptor. Guy put in the 2013 stock hids with the morimoto wire harness. Worked great when I bought it. Was on a trip 5 months ago came out from the movies and no head lights.

Turns out the plug from the truck end corroded with the morimoto plug. So being I needed head lights I cut both plugs and hard wired them together. Boom had headlights.

Now 5 months later, the drives side went out. So I rewired it works for a day. Tried again. Now both don't work.

Bought a new morimoto relay and wire harness, spliced in a new truck side plug. And....you guessed it nothing.

I am totally lost now. I followed all the instructions. where did I go wrong. You try to talk to a mechanic about it nobody understands to wiring they look at you like your nuts. I need help.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dont want to question your intellegence, but have you checked the fuses? both in the aftermarket wire harness and the headlight fuse in the vehicle.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
dont want to question your intellegence, but have you checked the fuses? both in the aftermarket wire harness and the headlight fuse in the vehicle.
Check the balasts. I have aftermarket HIDs and I ended up doing LEDs for light bulbs and replacing both balasts. My local stereo store took care of me $120.
I had the same problem with headlights not working. Hope this helps.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
you have to connect to an oem headlight plug for the new lights to work. so whichever one you connected to left or right headlight

OP
OP

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boom, I never would have thought the truck side fuse. One because I was thinking that and all the online stuff I read says the morimoto was self powered. So never thought of truck side fuse.

Thanks!

I feel dumb now and so accomplished lol.

Should I pull the fuse for the other side so the wires arnt live?

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boom, I never would have thought the truck side fuse. One because I was thinking that and all the online stuff I read says the morimoto was self powered. So never thought of truck side fuse.

Thanks!

I feel dumb now and so accomplished lol.

Should I pull the fuse for the other side so the wires arnt live?
doesnt matter since the other side should still have a plug to keep the wires insulated.

so.....um...... do i question your intellegence?