My Fog Light Solution

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For months I have been trying to decide what to do about fog lights. I was not a big fan of the cube or triple rounds and I wanted something unique and of quality. I looked at every image Google could find and still saw nothing. So, I decided to toy with the idea of using some old OEM Marchal lights I had on my '87 Mercury XR7. They were just what I was looking for! Fabed up some aluminum brackets and cleaned up the old lights and it all came together. They compliment the lines of the truck well and are unique.

HAP

IMAG3362_zpsd92df655.jpg
IMAG3366_zps35895579.jpg
IMAG3382_zps12c0d423.jpg
IMAG3381_zpsd6a4bd8a.jpg
IMAG3385_zps40592e13.jpg
IMAG3387_zps93cffdf3.jpg

OP
OP
HAP

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I know. They are no match for the LED and HID fogs available today. I was primarily looking to fill the hole with something that fit my taste. One good thing is, they are name brand and real fog lights (legal). They are only 55 watts. I have some 100w bulbs, but not too sure if they are designed for that wattage.

Thanks.
HAP

OP
OP
HAP

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! With the lights not installed you don't even see the brackets either.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice design, fab and welding on the brackets! Congratulations on that, Hap. I have to ask, though. What the heck are they bolted to on the truck??? I see the picture, but Can you describe the mounting points please?

OP
OP
HAP

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice design, fab and welding on the brackets! Congratulations on that, Hap. I have to ask, though. What the heck are they bolted to on the truck??? I see the picture, but Can you describe the mounting points please?

Right above the bumper cutouts there are two 10mm head bolts for the bumper attach brackets. I remove those and attach my bracket using the same bolts. That shot is simply looking up towards the bottom of the passenger side headlight.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Right above the bumper cutouts there are two 10mm head bolts for the bumper attach brackets. I remove those and attach my bracket using the same bolts. That shot is simply looking up towards the bottom of the passenger side headlight.

That's terrific! I've mounted fog lights in the bumper cutouts too, and have never spotted those bolts.

goathearder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool design and idea. Not sure what bulbs they run but I have seen LED retrofits for common bulbs that might make them more effective and keep the style : )