GEN 1 My DIY Hood Vent Lighting Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
i need to make an under hood light mod just so i can see at night when im working on it.

so many police hard dicking your truck now at night.

I don't know if he used different LEDs. I just used EBay specials, but mine is super subtle amber light and you can't see it unless you walk up on it. I also passed on doing amber light in the vents. I just put red reflective tape behind the SVT logos there.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fine work! Try your windshield sprayers at 70mph and see if the amount of air now passing through the hood vents disrupts the pattern of the spray. Another member reported that you can open hood vents too much.

OP
OP
Raptized

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fine work! Try your windshield sprayers at 70mph and see if the amount of air now passing through the hood vents disrupts the pattern of the spray. Another member reported that you can open hood vents too much.

I have had this mod for awhile now so I can report back. After washing my truck thoroughly, there is no water in the engine bay. At highway speeds, I have no problem with the windshield washer fluid spray. :wizcow:

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What’s the before and after ambient heat temps in engine bay? Curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Raptized,
At wide open throttle around 100 mph; and please compare one side to the other....and PLEASE have AndysLog do the measurements.
Thank you,

Eddie

Last edited:

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
im not the one that made a thread for cutting holes in a hood?

i feel like that would be the only question i would want answered after taking smaller holes, and making them larger in an area where heat builds up on the regular.

that ditch plans dude is just salty about his wife banging other dudes. legit cuck.