Mounting Rigid 30" upper grill above FORD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WaltDoGG

Reaction score
I will be installing some rigid lights probably sometime next week. I have a pretty good understanding how to install most of them, except fot the 30" I plan on putting above the FORD in the upper grill. I noticed a few have done it, but haven't seen any good pics on how they mounted it. I know more than likely I'll have to fab something up, but just thought I would check if anyone has suggestions or plcs on mounting it? Also I know M&R makes a bracket for their 30" bar, anyone know if it might work for mounting the rigid bar?

The following are the lights I will be installing:
Rigid 50232 Dually D2 Driving Amber - Outer Fog - Uplifter 4
Rigid 50231 Dually D2 Driving White - Inner Fog - Uplifter 3
Rigid 12032 E-Series 20" Amber - Lower Grill - Uplifter 2
Rigid 14031 E-Series 40" White - Upper Grill below FORD - Uplifter 1
Rigid 13031 E-Series 30" White - Upper Grill above FORD - Uplifter 1

MandR Automotive

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would assume that they would fit but unfortunately we do not sell brackets on their own. We only supply them for free with our light bars only

OP
OP
WaltDoGG

WaltDoGG

Reaction score
I would assume that they would fit but unfortunately we do not sell brackets on their own. We only supply them for free with our light bars only

That was another question I had since I didn't see them on your website for indivual sale. Those looked better than what I could probably do and save me a few headaches. The answer broke my little raptor heart. :bawl: Thanks for responding though. I do like your products and probably would have went with M&R if you had amber and if I didn't get such a deal on the rigids.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will be installing some rigid lights probably sometime next week. I have a pretty good understanding how to install most of them, except fot the 30" I plan on putting above the FORD in the upper grill. I noticed a few have done it, but haven't seen any good pics on how they mounted it. I know more than likely I'll have to fab something up, but just thought I would check if anyone has suggestions or plcs on mounting it? Also I know M&R makes a bracket for their 30" bar, anyone know if it might work for mounting the rigid bar?

The following are the lights I will be installing:
Rigid 50232 Dually D2 Driving Amber - Outer Fog - Uplifter 4
Rigid 50231 Dually D2 Driving White - Inner Fog - Uplifter 3
Rigid 12032 E-Series 20" Amber - Lower Grill - Uplifter 2
Rigid 14031 E-Series 40" White - Upper Grill below FORD - Uplifter 1
Rigid 13031 E-Series 30" White - Upper Grill above FORD - Uplifter 1

I have seen pictures of a FRF member mounting the RIGID E-Series 40" above the FORD and that looked Killer:gr_guns:

Last edited:
OP
OP
WaltDoGG

WaltDoGG

Reaction score
I originally was going to do 20" bar above the FORD, but making the bracket seemed a little more involved. From the pic I seen of the 30", it seems to fit nicely between the grill support with just simple bracket. I might be kicking myselft latter for saying that. I wired up the uplifter/pass through cable the other night. I got all the lights except for the 30", which will come in tomorrow.

Another question beside the bracket issuse, is it recommended/easier to remover the grill while installing the upper light bar? It seems like it would be rather difficult to mount it with hood up and be working at all sorts of strange angles.

UniqueOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rigid Industries 30" LED Bar above FORD

Have you installed Rigid Industries 30" LED Bar above FORD yet? I plan to do the same thing but I am waiting for the bar to come in on next Monday.