Moisture in lights? Cool tip...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My drivers retrofit recently got a little moisture in it, I think because the rubber boot on the light ballast had peeled away a little

I called Dawson on it and he said pull it, bring it in the house and low heat hair dryer. I did this but just couldn't get it out

Got me thinking about my cell phone store and how we get moisture out of phones. We now use a hyperbaric chamber, but we used to use a silica bead bath.

Anyways, I headed to the local luggage store and asked for a couple of packs of those "do not eat" silica packs

With my headlight still installed I removed the turn signal light and in the hole I pushed in one of those packs about 1/2 way, then let it sit for 48 hours in the garage.

All the moisture was gone. Put a little white lubricant on the light gasket and reinstalled. All is good now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GMAN62465

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything that I buy that has the silica gel packs I just toss them in my toolbox for later use....helps keep the tools in the drawers moisture free as well

GMAN

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I throw away quite a few of those desiccants daily. Occasionally reuse some for moisture control in toolboxes. Sadly most go into the waste stream. Can't reuse most because they have residual chemicals on them. Thanks for the idea.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
While pressure washing my truck some water got inside lens my Vision X cannon. I pulled the lens and inside the chrome housing was some of these silicon packs.

Mine didn't say "Do not Eat" though so I ate them.