Mirror Reflector Lights Always On and Flash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

13raptorcrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it is not. I ran it through the door connector (black and grey plastic in the door jamb) to the Body Control Module (BCM) in the passenger side kick panel. Then located the circuit CBP30 (yellow with blue tracer) and tied my LED power into that.
I then used the ground wire that is shared with other door components (black with purple tracer) on the door panel so I only had to run one wire through the connector in the door jamb.

Note: my truck is a 2013, your wiring colors could be different
If you need a page out of your wiring diagram, PM me with your model year and I can get you yours.

Last edited:

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excuse my confusion; you say you drilled a hole in the connector and you mention a black and gray wire in the door jamb. So did you run a wire all the way from the passenger kick panel through the door jamb?

13raptorcrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In addition, once the mirrors are wired up down to the BCM, you could affectively tie into circuit CLS25 (yellow with a purple tracer) to get the LED to flash with the turn signal. But if you wanted that, it would be smarter with less resistance to tie into the led turn signal already in the mirror facing backwards. This would allow you to not go through the door jamb (which was by far, the worst part).

13raptorcrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excuse my confusion; you say you drilled a hole in the connector and you mention a black and gray wire in the door jamb. So did you run a wire all the way from the passenger kick panel through the door jamb?

Sorry about the black and grey wire confusion. I meant a black and grey connector in the door jamb.

To clarify the hole I drilled in the connector this image is with the passenger door opened fully looking into the door jamb crack from the outside. The left side of the image is the dirt on the passenger door, the right blurry side is the right front fender. The connector had these recessed half moon looking areas where there was nothing on the back side. The hole is only big enough for one wire (22 gauge).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 102

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great Mod!

57907d1417365191-mirror-reflector-lights-always-flash-image.jpg

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have to make a correction. most vehicles have a wire that illuminates the lights inside the switches, we unfortunately dont have them. ours are on whenever the truck is on. so this is an ignition and not a parking light wire. the only way to run wires in the front doors is to do what was mentioned above, or do what i did. i had to run several wires into my doors and there is not enough room in the oem connector to fit them all. so i pulled both my front doors and drilled a couple holes.

Attachments

• DSC_7617.jpg
    DSC_7617.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 118

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drilled slight hole on the bottom of the connector on the door jamb for the wire to go through. According to the wiring diagram, there is no one circuit that can be tied into to that has both running and turn lights.

Didn't drill a hole. Pushed up on the bottom tab on the plug in the door jamb, rotated it slightly and it slid out; the. I slipped the wire they under the plug and reinstalled the plug. Works like a champ!

Myfx4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it done

I wanted both the marker lights on mirrors, as well as blinkers. I am not electrically savvy by any means so I used two separate led strips. 3 regular amber at outside top of reflector and the 5 max leds which are brighter but unfortunately spread out on more the strip than the regular( hence 5 led for length of reflector instead of 9) I tied the blinker leds into the existing blinker on the mirror, and the marker leds were grounded on the blinker and 12v was tapped into the passenger footwell #6 pin. ( thanks to AbnMP13 for all his help) the power wire work, mirror and door panel removal was a little slow on the first one but much quicker on the second.
So the final result is 3 led markers on outside upper edge of reflector, and 5 leds for blinker.
I like it a lot and am very happy with the results

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 112
Last edited: