M&r nve?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who's got an M&R NVE set up and what do you think? I miss my light bar with my Roush as I can't get a 40" behind the grill due to the intercooer. Was looking at the shroud kit, but then saw the NVE as an offering. Is it worth the dough and will it really enhance my HID's?

Let me know what you all think!

OP
OP
T

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A 40" light bar is not legal to run, I treat extra LEDS as highbeams and turn the off with oncoming traffic. The main issue I have with the rigids is they are too blocky. The NVE looks like a factory install.

D

Deleted member 12951

M&r nve?

Sounds like he want to total package, the kit. He is going to spend $625 or higher from the least expensive with fordraptorlights for two lights on each side but lots of light options or $750 with M&R for 3 on each side (smaller) that he found.

And is asking if it's worth the dough??? Spending less than a $1k on lights it seems is a drop in the bucket when it comes to something specialized for the raptor.

Need to get out of the mindset of cheap with this truck. We spend a bunch for the truck then cheap out elsewhere, I don't get it.

It's like buying a nice big fancy house but your furniture consist of bean bag couches, folding chairs and table, single mattress on the floor, cooler for the fridge (get a bison cooler), hot plate for the oven, etc, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
T

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like he want to total package, the kit. He is going to spend $625 or higher from the least expensive with fordraptorlights for two lights on each side but lots of light options or $750 with M&R for 3 on each side (smaller) that he found.

And is asking if it's worth the dough??? Spending less than a $1k on lights it seems is a drop in the bucket when it comes to something specialized for the raptor.

Need to get out of the mindset of cheap with this truck. We spend a bunch for the truck then cheap out elsewhere, I don't get it.

It's like buying a nice big fancy house but your furniture consist of bean bag couches, folding chairs and table, single mattress on the floor, cooler for the fridge (get a bison cooler), hot plate for the oven, etc, etc.

I am not sure who the cheap with this truck is directed at, but since I already dropped $70k, I am not looking for cheap, but I do not want a new bumper, I like the factory look, I just want some nice bright LEDs mounted in the gaping holes on the bumper, but I want them to look like they were meant to be there, not some big square that doesn't match the rest of the bumper contours. The M&R shroud is the closest thing that I have found to looking like factory. I can put rigid lights behind their other shroud, I am really looking for some real world experience with someone that is running lights that look factory and what the performance of the light are. Frankly, the HID's are so good on my 14, that I don't miss my 40" nearly as much as I thought I would and live deep in country where it get DARK.

I know I can put a 20" bar down below (TN does not require a front plate), but I would prefer a factory look.

D

Deleted member 12951

Sorry thought you were trying to go cheap, my apologies. Might want to get Mik to give your some references on his kit. I haven't seen too many posting about them here. @MandR Automotive

Are you planning on using them for off-road?

I personally like the FordRaptorLights option and look meant to be too. You could get the Vision-X Halo or Optimus to give you that round light look.
http://www.fordraptorlights.com/images/gallery-36.jpg
Perhaps they can provide some references too. @sal313

Also warranty. I think M&R is 3 years. With the other options for brand, you will most likely get a better warranty and direct manufacture to work with if needing repairs down the road.

MandR Automotive

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Our warranty is 5 years no questions asked. If they last 5 years they will last 50,000 hours :)

Our rule is to have not a single unsatisfied customer. And if there was anyone who mentioned an issue with any setups it was taken care of. People on here can vouch for that

OP
OP
T

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry thought you were trying to go cheap, my apologies. Might want to get Mik to give your some references on his kit. I haven't seen too many posting about them here. @MandR Automotive

Are you planning on using them for off-road?

I personally like the FordRaptorLights option and look meant to be too. You could get the Vision-X Halo or Optimus to give you that round light look.
http://www.fordraptorlights.com/images/gallery-36.jpg
Perhaps they can provide some references too. @sal313

Also warranty. I think M&R is 3 years. With the other options for brand, you will most likely get a better warranty and direct manufacture to work with if needing repairs down the road.

I am mostly on road, I have the HIDs, but I run on very dark, narrow, deer filled roads and I would like more distance than my HID's give me and some side flood to see the edges of the road a bit wider. Thus far in 2015 I have had at least 50 near misses and gentle kiss (scared the hell out of the deer, but I was only going about 2 MPG when I tapped him) I am looking for the best visability with the best factory look.

I like what M&R is doing, just wanting some real worlkd experience, especially how much whatever option is enhances the HIDs.

Thanks for the info.

CCMDoc

Reaction score
I have them and think they're great.
My earlier post with pictures don't do them justice - make a huge difference.
Would definitely do it again