M&R hood mount kit behind the grill.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brute4s

Reaction score
I have a Roush and wanted to put some lights behind the grill but the intercooler is in the way. After talking with Mike at M&R I ordered the hood mount kit planning on installing them behind the grill. I think they look killer. I took all the brackets off of the light and was able to use the bushings and bolts that were on the back of the light. I bolted them to the vertical struts behind the grill and they work perfect in the space between the headlights and the intercooler. Right now I only have 2 bolts in each but plan to make a square bracket to sandwich the strut for additional stability.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 166
OP
OP
Brute4s

Brute4s

Reaction score
update

Just finished with brackets. Used the bracket from the bottom of the light as a template, made it out of 1/4 inch steel. I used the stainless bolts that came with the lights and bolted the the grill strut. These are solid and have no movement....I have the aimed a little above where the high beams hit and they are bright as hell........thanks Mike at M&R for letting me give it a shot!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 126

MandR Automotive

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Glad this setup worked out for you buddy. 2 of these lights put out around as much as a 40" lightbar

Evilmonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did something very similar. Mine are not intended for forward light but more to the sides at almost a 45 degree angle. I couldn't mount them low in the bumper openings because I've had that part of my bumper under the sand a few times. They really help out at night! I use the hood mount HID's and 40" for the forward lighting. Your setup looks great.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 379

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 20 inch vx in the bumper and want something with more distance , how does yours do compared to the brights?

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 20 inch vx in the bumper and want something with more distance , how does yours do compared to the brights?

Brightness / raw lumens won't get you any distance.

If you want distance you need a different optic mirror design. And no one offers that in an led bar yet

Visionx came out with a bar that uses same technology as the light canon optic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Brightness / raw lumens won't get you any distance.

If you want distance you need a different optic mirror design. And no one offers that in an led bar yet

Visionx came out with a bar that uses same technology as the light canon optic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

which one is that?