M&R Fog Light kit - extra option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MandR Automotive

MandR Automotive

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I feel the need to bitch:

The brackets that hold the shrouds in didn't even come close to fitting. I had to completely refab them. A. so the four bolts line up with the 4 holes. B. so the bracket dose'nt show between the shroud holes. I mean come on guys... at least check they fit before sending them out.

The white spacers for the light mount don't fit in between the bumper. So I need to trim them down or cut the bumper down a bit.

I thought you guys spent a year on this thing to get all of this shit right?

And for gods sake. Provide some installation instructions. I'd do it for you if I wasn't wasting my time trying to custom fit everything.

Don't tell me it's on your website. Because its not.

I would have given you $2000 to send me the right shit rather than **** around with this $1000 nick knack set up.

I really appreciate your constructive criticism. We do like opinions to make our products better.

As far as some answers. The brackets that hold the shrouds were fitted prior to shipment. Can it be that you mistakenly tried to put the right side on the left side? And vise versa.

As far as installation instructions the only difference from our fog light install is the addition of the spacer . I do agree that we need to come up with better installation instructions and we will.

I also would have loved for you to express your opinions directly to me by phone and let me fix the situation instead of talking down on our product. One negative Remark can really degrade people's opinion to purchase the setup.

From other peoples experiences with M&R, I think that we are really easy to work with and if this kit is not what you expected, I would love to issue you a full refund.

---------- Post added 09-27-2014 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 09-26-2014 at 11:45 PM ----------

Got some more pictures

20140926_135012_zpspdejuj2k.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

IMG_9199_zpstecbwtto.jpg

IMG_9188_zpssdkkt8um.jpg

OP
OP
MandR Automotive

MandR Automotive

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone who has electrical experience that can chime in? The diagram looks good but unaware of the type of diode to go with

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly don't deal with diodes much, but deal with wire and transformer sizing.

So in the wiring diagram you want Aux 3 to be able to turn on all the 10W lights?

With the arrow direction that is showing the current flow and how it would work...

Your using the 15 amp circuit to light up the 60W circuit and the 30 amp circuit to light up the 20 W circuit...

W=VA [Watts=Volts*Amps] where W=sum of watts on circuit

V=12 volts, but loss of 0.7 volts across diode, so V=11.3 (loss varies based on diode)

120W/11.3V = 10.62A on LED Bar

40W/11.3V = 3.54A on Aux 2

60W/11.3V = 5.31A on Aux 3.

Recommendation is to size diodes 20-50% over rated current, so you need a diode rated for 6.372A (5.31*1.2) to 7.97A (5.31*1.5). Also same with the volts so 14.4 to 18V, but higher is okay.

Also with diodes over 5A a heat sink may be needed - http://www.ehow.com/how_7433946_choose-right-diode.html

One could get away with a smaller diode if this circuit switched relays instead of the LED's directly since the relay watts would be much less than that of the LED's.

Hopefully someone else will chime in...

Last edited:

Raptor_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll add more pictures this weekend. I'll also show a video of the flasher module.

If anyone needs any installation or wiring tips - hit me up.

Attachments

• IMG_0783.jpg
    IMG_0783.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
OP
OP
MandR Automotive

MandR Automotive

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looks great buddy

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Love the amber look

FvilleRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I wanted to throw my input in here. I got these installed on my Roush Raptor about 2 weeks ago. The silver pics above are mine. The shrouds are great. All of the necessary parts were included and installation was it bad at all. Mike has been great to work with. There was an issue with the strobe/dimmer module (mine was defective) and Mike took care of the problem free of charge and was very friendly about it.

The shrouds are great quality. I could not ask for more. They block a little more light Than I thought they would. But part of that could be how I have them angled. However it works great because I run them on the road at full brightness and they are not blinding. I have it had anyone flash me in the last 2 weeks since they have been on.

Overall a great product. I would reccomened to everyone!

OP
OP
MandR Automotive

MandR Automotive

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looks good, how well do the amber fogs match the stock Raptor LED marker lights for colour?

They should be exactly same color. Correct me if I'm wrong anyone

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Hey guys I wanted to throw my input in here. I got these installed on my Roush Raptor about 2 weeks ago. The silver pics above are mine. The shrouds are great. All of the necessary parts were included and installation was it bad at all. Mike has been great to work with. There was an issue with the strobe/dimmer module (mine was defective) and Mike took care of the problem free of charge and was very friendly about it.

The shrouds are great quality. I could not ask for more. They block a little more light Than I thought they would. But part of that could be how I have them angled. However it works great because I run them on the road at full brightness and they are not blinding. I have it had anyone flash me in the last 2 weeks since they have been on.

Overall a great product. I would reccomened to everyone!

Glad you like them buddy. Give me a call. I would like to know why you feel the shroud block more light that you thought. When we did the install it was not blocked much