Love my projectors but I want brighter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just like the subject say. Does anyone know of any replacement bulbs I can put in the healtights? Stage3 Motorsports have some 6k bulbs that I might be purchasing but was just wondering what you guys think since I love asking questions to pros. Appreciate the advise in advance. Note: I have looked at some forums on here but they're either old or don't have the info I'm looking for. Any help is again, appreciated.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The limit on light output is going to be the projector. While you may notice a slight increase in output with upgraded D3S bulbs, you're still having to project the light through the OEM projectors.

Last edited:

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just curious, but why are you wanting brighter? Is it for offroad use? Or when you are all alone out there on those dark Texas roads? Either of those situations would be better helped with a good set of driving 'fog' lights - like a set of D2's or comparable. They would get the light down on the road better and blow anything that you could do with the headlights out of the water. Be careful with aiming for the other guys, and you could make night into day.......

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
A mix of both quality on-road lights and bright off-road lights is the way to go. Sure, you can use your off-road lights on backroads and things like that, but there's something to be said about having good quality, bright headlights that don't blind other drivers that you can use all the time.

Here's an example that compares the stock F-150 HID projectors to an upgraded Evo projector.

Stock:
70a374150169c56f7a4addcbff5d5c0c.jpg

Upgrade:
46bd388fe2c9a14795d1df57244cda2f.jpg

OP
OP
SVTLOPEZ

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something like this would work great for what you are wanting to do:

Raptor Bumper Fog Light & Bezel Kit | Crown Offroad

PM me with any questions you may have with pricing. We can also talk about substitute lights with DOT approved driving lights to make things a little easier on the oncoming traffic but still provide great lighting.

I have fog set up which I got spots instead of fog but now I understand that the light isn't the problem. It's the projector. Thank u

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

The limit on light output is going to be the projector. While you may notice a slight increase in output with upgraded D3S bulbs, you're still having to project the light through the OEM projectors.

Got cha bro. Thank u again for the answers. Now I know I need to upgrade the projector and not the light lol

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Something like this would work great for what you are wanting to do:

Raptor Bumper Fog Light & Bezel Kit | Crown Offroad

PM me with any questions you may have with pricing. We can also talk about substitute lights with DOT approved driving lights to make things a little easier on the oncoming traffic but still provide great lighting.

And by the way. Reason I was asking is because a rabbit came out running its ass off on a county road here in tx lol. I saw him because of my spots that shine out in an angle.