Lights- LEDs only from now on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I rock them both---

5 VisionX HID Extremes 8.7" - Everything else is Rigid

IMG_0352_zpsuzmxaswj.jpg

db21d6a83002c98da23ed114ff069e6a_zpsvvfkey1k.jpg

Holy crap! Please tell me you have tons of night shots. If you don't, you should be dragged out back and kicked. Hook us up! I want to see those Visionx lights!

Last edited:

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Up here in the frigid north, HIDs generate enough heat to self clear of snow/ice.

LEDs not so much.

Other than that, there aren't many reasons not to go with LEDs.

I have the same issue with LED's. Not enough heat and the cover with snow quickly and become ineffective.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have been thinking about the ARB 7" intensity LED lights.http://store.arbusa.com/Assets/ProductImages/AR21F.jpg

What's your goal going with these lights in this setup? More for coverage or distance?

The reason I ask is that the ARB lights will provide great overall coverage, but if you're going for distance, you're going to want a light with a deeper optic to maximize your light projection.

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

I have the same issue with LED's. Not enough heat and the cover with snow quickly and become ineffective.

Very true, although it also depends on the wattage of the LED lights.

Rigid actually solved this problem on their LED headlights by running the equivalent of defroster wires over the lens surface that actually kick on automatically when the ambient temperature dips below 50 degrees.

55004%20application%201.jpg

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's your goal going with these lights in this setup? More for coverage or distance?

The reason I ask is that the ARB lights will provide great overall coverage, but if you're going for distance, you're going to want a light with a deeper optic to maximize your light projection.

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Very true, although it also depends on the wattage of the LED lights.

Rigid actually solved this problem on their LED headlights by running the equivalent of defroster wires over the lens surface that actually kick on automatically when the ambient temperature dips below 50 degrees.

55004%20application%201.jpg

Very nice. I like