Lights- LEDs only from now on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aR4CE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Admittedly, I have all LED on the truck now (some china copies, some rigid, all great). I notice most other raptors in the area are rocking light bars as well. Is there still any demand for the circular PIAA and KC lights we grew up on?

Not a complaint, just seeing what the general consensus is out there in lighting land.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Kind of. Some of the round lights are LED now. Visionx has a wildly popular series called the "light cannons." They have the old school look but are great performing lights.

thegeneral101

Reaction score
I actually just got the KC Rally 800 halogen. I like the old school look, the light output matches my 2011 headlights, and I don't reallllyyy need to throw light further than that. Only take it on the trails occasionally.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Admittedly, I have all LED on the truck now (some china copies, some rigid, all great). I notice most other raptors in the area are rocking light bars as well. Is there still any demand for the circular PIAA and KC lights we grew up on?

Not a complaint, just seeing what the general consensus is out there in lighting land.

Up here in the frigid north, HIDs generate enough heat to self clear of snow/ice.

LEDs not so much.

Other than that, there aren't many reasons not to go with LEDs.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LED Pros:
Low current draw
Very long life “bulb”
Instant on/off, no warm up time at all
Beam color is excellent
Low profile and/or compact housings available
Easy to choose driving beam, wide beam, diffuse. Mix and match as desired.
Versatile mounting options

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Snowing like crazy here and the my LED's won't generate enough heat to keep the snow from covering them up in just a few min.

Last edited:
OP
OP
aR4CE

aR4CE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input- kinda what I was thinking. I asked because I was trying to sell a light bar here locally with 4 PIAAs and wasn't getting a lot of interest. But lots of LEDs around