Lighting Shootout for TRR 2015

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I am planning on doing another lighting shootout for TRR. I would like to have an idea of who might be interested and what we might be testing. Please post if you will participate and what you will have to test. I would like to have light setups that have previously been untested. I will update this post with a tentative list.

Here is a link to last year's test as a review: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f81/lighting-shootout-results-trr-2014-a-33574/

1. KaiserM715
- 30" KC Flex LED Spot
- 30" KC Flex LED Combo
- KC Flex Duals

2. RFDTS
- 30" Amber Rigid
- 12" Whelen Dual Slimline's above roof (24,000 lumens)

3. 2014RubyRed
- 5x Vision X 6.7" 50 watt on top light bar
- 40" radius Rigids in Rogue bumper

4. Jimbo
- Rogue 40" RDS front bumper, unobstructed
- Rigid D2 Hyperspots (4) front bumper, unobstructed

5. Haynes Offroad
- Baja Designs onx6 30"
- Vision X xmitter prime 30"
- Various Vision X products

6. Apollo Optics
- Satellight 4.5"
- Satellight 6.7"

7. TheButcher
- Rigid Dually DOT fogs

8. Baja Designs
-XL Sport
-XL Pro
-Squadron Sport
-Squadron Pro
-S2 Pro
-OnX6 (10",20",30",40")

Last edited:

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am planning on doing another lighting shootout for TRR. I would like to have an idea of who might be interested and what we might be testing. Please post if you will participate and what you will have to test. I would like to have light setups that have previously been untested. I will update this post with a tentative list.

1. KaiserM715
-30" KC Flex LED Spot
-30" KC Flex LED Combo
-KC Flex Duals

Could you explain this shootout so that I don't look like a total idiot when I state my set-up?

OP
OP
KaiserM715

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Updated the first post.

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

What I am most interested in is testing a stand alone setup. For example, you have two different light bars and a pair of hood mount lights. I would want to test them individually - three tests: one for each light bar and one for the pair of hood mounts.

D

Deleted member 12951

I missed it last year, blew by the location and didn't see you guys down in that hole until it was in my rearview mirror. I would like to participate. Don't remember what was tested but let me know if you would like me to attend?

30" Amber Rigid in bumper, no obstruction - Can turn on and off
30" and 40" Blackhawk behind grill - both on one AUX switch
3 12" Whelen Dual Slimline's above roof (24,000 lumens), no obstruction - all three one AUX (would love to find out how these measure out)
2 KC 4.5" Hood Cannons - separate AUX (installing at TRR, Friday morning)
Also having a set of Rigid HD D2's installed at TRR, Friday morning but not sure worth testing since they will be sitting low and really for cornering.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
KaiserM715

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
My comments / questions in red below:

I missed it last year, blew by the location and didn't see you guys down in that hole until it was in my rearview mirror. I would like to participate. Don't remember what was tested but let me know if you would like me to attend?

30" Amber Rigid in bumper, no obstruction - Can turn on and off
We tested a 40" Rigid last year, would be good to add a 30".
30" and 40" Blackhawk behind grill - both on one AUX switch
We will skip these as we already tested the 40" last year, they cannot be isolated and they are behind the grille.
3 12" Whelen Dual Slimline's above roof (24,000 lumens), no obstruction - all three one AUX (would love to find out how these measure out)
Definitely interested in testing these. Folks asked about Whelen results last year, but no one came by to get them tested.
2 KC 4.5" Hood Cannons - separate AUX (installing at TRR, Friday morning)
Also having a set of Rigid HD D2's installed at TRR, Friday morning but not sure worth testing since they will be sitting low and really for cornering.
Are you talking about the VisionX Light Canons? We tested those last year. We will skip the D2s.

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Here is what @2014RubyRed has:
Didn't know if you wanted it here - but here goes:

5 - Vision X 6.7" 50 watt on top light bar
Definitely want to test these - are they spot pattern?
2 - 40" radius Rigids in Rogue bumper
Would be good to see if there is a difference in the radius vs a regular bar. Is each bar on its own switch or are they switched together?
1 - 30" China Brand behind grill above FORD
Can the light be tested with the hood open with the grille out of the way or is it mounted to the grille?
2 - Vision X 4.5" 25 Watt Cannons on hood brackets
Tested those last year - no need to repeat.

Last edited:

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
@2014RubyRed the dual 40" rds aren't Rigids, I believe they're Rogue's own branded light bar.

@KaiserM715 I have:

- Rogue 40" RDS front bumper, unobstructed
- Rigid D2 Hyperspots (4) front bumper, unobstructed
- ATP 30" RDS behind grill (attached to grill supports)
- Rigid D2 Flush Mount Driving pattern (2) in rear bumper
- Vision-X 4.5" Canons hood lights - already tested the other year

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My comments / questions in red below:

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Here is what @2014RubyRed has:

6.7" are spots. Radius lights on individual switches. 30" behind grill mounted to radiator support, not hood. Jimbo said the radius lights aren't Rigids.....if that matters????

D

Deleted member 12951

Lighting Shootout for TRR 15

Jimbo said the radius lights aren't Rigids.....if that matters????

I would be interested in how the Chinese Rouge lights perform (since they are new) in comparison to actual Rigids.