Lighting Shootout Results - TRR 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paj1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We will have the KC 70w POD there next year, they will turn some heads!!

KC-POD.png

If they were NOT $1500ish per pair I am sure many folks would be all over them like white on rice in a snow storm...

But what would I know.. Its not like I like lights or anything...

MandR Automotive

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not in here to start a vendor war but based on these results I doubt that a 10w light outputs same as our 240w 40" lightbar.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not in here to start a vendor war but based on these results I doubt that a 10w light outputs same as our 240w 40" lightbar.

You'll have to speak with @KaiserM715. He was a neutral party that conducted all testing.

As far as our light that was tested, allow me to clarify. We refer to our Apollo4 10w as the 10watt version. That being said, each LED chip in the light is a 10 watt chip. So the total power draw of the light is 40 watts.

We offer our Apollo4 in a 3 watt, 5 watt, and 10 watt version. The 3 watt (16w total) version is reserved for our amber lights, while the 5 watt (20w total) and 10 watt (40w total) versions are white lights. All versions are available in a spot, flood, or diffused beam pattern.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KaiserM715

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I moved these two posts to this thread as I thought this to be the appropriate place for discussion.

I measured all of the lights in the same fashion. As I have stated previously, all I was after was data. I have no dog in the fight. Lumens and watts don't mean a whole lot once you get more than few yards away from the light. Downrange, the biggest factor is optics design and configuration. A perfect example is to look at the Squadron XL (42 Watts total) and Light Cannon (25W). The wattage is on par with other lights, but do to the optics, they get the light a lot farther downrange.