Lighting Shootout Results - TRR 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Unless they make different optics for different lights then yes, it should be a good indicator.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Well, 3 out of the 4 that were tested were sourced from China and they all had different measurements. So each company must be using different Optics from what I can tell.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
Haven't seen you around in a while

Yup, had to quit cold turkey for a while... :smokin:

LSU,
I think he was asking about different size lights within the brands. Each company will have their own optic design but I think the question was say a 20" Rigid vs 40" Rigid.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yup, had to quit cold turkey for a while... :smokin:

LSU,
I think he was asking about different size lights within the brands. Each company will have their own optic design but I think the question was say a 20" Rigid vs 40" Rigid.

Ah. Didn't think of that. Makes sense now. I don't think each company makes different optics from what i can tell. For example, Rigid hyperspot is the same no matter what light bar you get. Only difference is output.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would be interested to see how the E-series compares to the E2 and RDS. On paper looks like they are killer but would be interesting to see how much better they really are.

OP
OP
KaiserM715

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I would be interested to see how the E-series compares to the E2 and RDS. On paper looks like they are killer but would be interesting to see how much better they really are.
Me, too! I don't recall seeing any E2 lights at TRR, but maybe I could get a chance to test some next year.