lighting changes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rap67

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if someone make clamps to be able to mount lights to bars. Not everyone head tabs for lighting. Yukon Joe www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

KC makes a great clamp for this. In several sizes as well.

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 AM ----------

Here is my setup and even at running 80 mph off-road, never out drove the lights. Those whelens up top are bright as hell. The problem I was having was side lighting when going around corners. Not sure what to do as my tower doesn't have more tabs. Do they make adjustable hood cannons that can be angled if needed?

What's your setup?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 AM ----------

What's your setup?

In the grill is a 30" and 40" blackhawk from TMX (chinese lights)

On the SVC bumper a 30" Rigid amber

Light rack has three 12" wheelens from WSI

I also have two X2 blackhawk's with amber film in the back.
2076f016f9a20bce7b894b9318200cd7.jpg

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In the grill is a 30" and 40" blackhawk from TMX (chinese lights)

On the SVC bumper a 30" Rigid amber

Light rack has three 12" wheelens from WSI

I also have two X2 blackhawk's with amber film in the back.
2076f016f9a20bce7b894b9318200cd7.jpg

Cuts right through they mud. Lol...

How would you say the Whelen compare to the lights on the front of the truck?

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Hazzard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love that you test and figure out exactly what works for you with an unbiased and honest opinion. Every post you have on products you have added to your truck has been worthwhile and I have enjoyed reading, with all the fanboy stuff on this forum sometimes its a breath of fresh air to see this.

For me the Whelen's get the vote on lights and not because of today's truck lights but I remember growing up my dad was Chief of the fire department and every truck he bought would get outfitted with all Whelen. I never once heard him complain or ever have a problem with the product or customer service. JMHO

D

Deleted member 12951

Cuts right through they mud. Lol...

How would you say the Whelen compare to the lights on the front of the truck?

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Whelen's are amazing. Those 3 blow away the blackhawk's. With the whelen's on first then turn on the two blackhawk's, you don't even notice that I really brighten anything up. Granted they are behind the grill

OP
OP
rap67

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never looked into whelens but will now.

so I put the D2 driving beams on the hood yesterday and they are eh, so so for my needs. in the woods at a raptor event or hunting they're probably fine, but I hoped for more punch.

My 4.5 light canons are due to arrive today and I am most interested to see how these work on the hood. I got the spot beam with the driving lens cover so I'm hoping I get great mid range with the spots, and great diffuse with the lenses.

also in progress are two Pods on the bumper. didn't like them at first, loved them today wit the black covers on. pics below. I'll test all of these tonight and get back to y'all.

Joe, i snapped some pics of the KC bar light mounts..very solid product.

Attachments

• IMG_0684.jpg
    IMG_0684.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0683.jpg
    IMG_0683.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0686.jpg
    IMG_0686.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0689.jpg
    IMG_0689.jpg