Lightbar Anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soldier64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was doing some research for Raptor Runs and Snoball and such and the additional lighting requirements/niceness seems apparant. Is anyone running a lightbar/Mini-lightbar on the roof to satisfy this need? There are some not so expensive options that seemingly add a lot of usefulness in the cab.

I have found some 27" and 37" options that ring in under $500.

Trying to get some feedback and opinions on my random thought of the day.

ATTACK!!

D

Deleted member 12951

My lightbar with actuator arm and three Whelen LED's ran me roughly $3325
(If I didn't get the actuator, it would of been $2675)

I am very happy on the brightness of the Whelen's though and think if you are trying to achieve better lighting, not sure if something really cheap would be the best route.

OP
OP
Soldier64

Soldier64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My lightbar with actuator arm and three Whelen LED's ran me roughly $3325
(If I didn't get the actuator, it would of been $2675)

I am very happy on the brightness of the Whelen's though and think if you are trying to achieve better lighting, not sure if something really cheap would be the best route.

How big is your light bar? Even the Whelen light bars in the size I'm talking about only run about $850. What do you use yours for and do you have pictures?

I'm curious as to the viability of this option. What I don't want is a pissing match between spending 3k vs 1k.

D

Deleted member 12951

You could buy a lot of cheap Chinese lights for 3 grand, I am pretty impressed with my 40" and I paid less then a 10th of your price.

Well, mine is all American made (WSI and Whelen) except the actuator but did give WSI some more profit. Guess it cost more to help support our own....

OP
OP
Soldier64

Soldier64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I think my idea is misrepresented. I have a 40" Rigid light bar already. I was referring to a roof mounted light bar similar to a tow truck or police car style. My apologies for the confusion.

D

Deleted member 12951

How big is your light bar? Even the Whelen light bars in the size I'm talking about only run about $850. What do you use yours for and do you have pictures?

I'm curious as to the viability of this option. What I don't want is a pissing match between spending 3k vs 1k.

Probably not what you are looking for, it is three 12" Whelens but blows away my Blackhawk 30" and 40" in the grill.

ahu5ada8.jpg
vu4unara.jpg

u8e9eras.jpg

Here is a video of it in action

WSI Lightbar Rack with actuator arm on Ford Raptor - YouTube

OP
OP
Soldier64

Soldier64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While that's awesome and very much worth every penny I was thinking this style when I said light bar. Again, sorry for the confusion. ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1406593282.113065.jpg