Light setup question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajstar89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'am getting ready to install my bed light setup. I was wondering if you guys could give me a double check before I start to build the wiring harness. I am also installing a power actuator. I am planning on wiring it described below any comments would be greatly appreciated.

10 gauge positive ran straight from battery to bed, with fuse installed

six 20 watt gravity lights wired in parallel with 14 or 16 gauge wire. Wire will be attached to a fuse then to the relay. Relay will be wire with 12 volt form battery, and up fitter for 87a switch and grounded to the frame

two 20 watt cubes wired in parallel with 16 gauge wire. Wire will be attached to a fuse and then a relay. Relay will be wire with 12 volt form battery, and up fitter for 87a switch and grounded to the frame

actuator power will be used from 12v direct to bed with a fuse. Hooked into relay similar to above using a custom switch in the cab.

I believe this is the most efficient and safest way to wire the setup in the bed. Any thoughts and comments about it are greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Last edited:
OP
OP
ajstar89

ajstar89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Retain stock look without adding more switches. I could wire straight to the up fitters but then I have to run 3 wires to the cab not 2. And if I add more electronics back there I could have a hot 12 v ready to go. That was my thought about doing the one 12v hot. I realize it's redundant with the up fitters.