Light to the Rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Has anyone added LED lighting to the rear of the Raptor?
I know some have added additional lights in the rear bumpers..
But what I am interested in is adding a 20" LED lightbar to the rear of the cab of the Raptor and with that shining out either make it a worklight or an area light.

I'm going to be adding a 60" LED lightbar to the windshield area and want to add a 20" to the rear..

If I turn on all the lights the desired effect is to have a beacon effect..

If you have any suggestions or comments, please do..It just seems like a cool idea to have..

I would like to be able to go shooting and use the lighting on the truck to light up everything..

Thanks!

Personally, I've seen some folks mount a 20" light to the top of the their bed rail that butts up against the cab. I've yet to see any company make a bracket for that location, but if you're okay with fabbing up a mount, it definitely can be done. What kind of light output are you looking for? We can go over different options with you to best suit your application. Let me know how I can help.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

I am trying to get a rear light bar done before the 12 Sept Phoenix run in Ohio. I like the idea of Amber for not blinding the trucks behind you during a run but then also the ability to strobe (maybe to ward off a tailgater) or all white for a work light in the bed. Does a combo like that exist?

Would love to see some of your photos of rear facing lighting!

We have a couple options for you. You could run one of our multi-color lights that has the ability to run all white, all amber, or both white and amber at the same time. The only drawback to this is that you'd have to use two of your auxiliary switches to power the rows individually.

Another option would be to install an all-white light and some amber snap-on covers.

And we do offer strobe modules as well.

Let's talk more about what beam patterns and uses you're interested in and we'll get you set up!

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would the brackets that come with the lights not work on the top of the bed? Or is the light too thick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Would the brackets that come with the lights not work on the top of the bed? Or is the light too thick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not completely sure how the lip at the top of the rear bed is shaped (I've had a bed cover on my truck since the first week I've had it). But as long as you could access the bolt to tighten it, I'd imagine that they'd work.

wakejunky

Reaction score
more is better

50"...does the trick (reverse light...wired to trailer plug's reverse)

the cubes are on a switch for runs (amber lens covers aren't on in the pic)

Attachments

• 20150503_195810.jpg
    20150503_195810.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 115

LF LandShark 2818

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is what you're looking for but here is my submission on how i throw light off the back of the truck. I have all 4 Rigid's wired up to one switch currently and i also have 2 more D2's on my rear shackle. It offers me a lot of light when I'm backing up into spots and it is also a great safety feature when i head out to the dunes or on dusty roads.

Sorry its not a Raptor, but this will fit your truck.

79CA4018-B426-4EEF-9FC7-74E9572435CC_zpsqnyakzfr.jpg

DB6B65FD-D9DA-4567-9048-18F200812712_zps5n7k4rre.jpg

IMG_2269_zps6de0eaaa.jpg

IMG_2266_zpsd2190e09.jpg

thegeneral101

Reaction score
Wish these leds could be run between the gate and the bumper. I have a super slim (1in tall) that a buddy gave me and I'm trying to make it work somewhere on the back.

wakejunky

Reaction score
na

I mounted to the bed just above the bumper...can see in the pic attached. left room for a SVC V3 to be installed asap.

I also put my camera under the bar...still works great. (sort of stoked)

Attachments

• 20151001_085755.jpg
    20151001_085755.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 116