Light Bars - simple but effective

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For the behind the grill, I bought cheapo 40" and drilled out 2 L brackets I had lying around.. it's the last light to be turned on and is just for some extra light. The rigids up front do most of the work.
Don't be surprised if your cheapie fogs up after a couple months

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

punchinpaper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't be surprised if your cheapie fogs up after a couple months

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Don't be surprised when your expensive rigid's fog up either.
of the twelve I have four have lost their seal.

punchinpaper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't Rigid warranty cover that though? I don't buy their lights.

To be honest I have not tried to follow up on that as I am the second owner.
The lights work for now so I just plan on running them till they fail after that I may try something new. just for a change.

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The lights work for now so I just plan on running them till they fail after that I may try something new. just for a change.

Personally I'm not willing to spend that much money for led lights. Even if they are proven to be better, then I'm not a hard core enough off-roader to utilize them. I buy all my lights from Apollo Optics. They have great lights for reasonable prices, and with a warranty. I'm sure you read earlier but I had a cheapie and it crapped out on me lol

punchinpaper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally I'm not willing to spend that much money for led lights. Even if they are proven to be better, then I'm not a hard core enough off-roader to utilize them. I buy all my lights from Apollo Optics. They have great lights for reasonable prices, and with a warranty. I'm sure you read earlier but I had a cheapie and it crapped out on me lol

Totally understood. I really just was trying to say that no matter the quality these little things take a beating and can fail. Be prepared to replace one from time to time. I just bought a pair of Apollo cubes and will be trying them out.
Reality is you can spend more but you never know, some jack ass could decide he needs them more than you and you wake up to a cut lighting harness and an empty mount. I am now leaning in the direction of just find a decent quality product that wont break the bank, be happy, see a little more at night no need to create a second sun.

Raptoe13

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Most of my Rigid lights have had a problem with water intrusion. If you're the 1st owner, you'll be fine with the warranty as long as you have the receipt. If you're the second owner or lost your receipt, you're SOL. I used to be a Rigid fan boy but no longer. My 40" cheapie led bar on front of my bumper has been going strong when my expensive Rigid D2s duallys behind the grill of my ADD bumper have water that you can see sloshing around in them. Since they changed their warranty policy and you have to provide proof of purchase, their luster and value (if that's what you want to call it) has diminished.