Light Bars - simple but effective

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know this thread is a month old but need to make an edit. My cheapie light bar... total shit. Worked great for 2 months then fogged up like a ****, even after the extra dousing of silicone I put to it. It served it's purpose for the money I suppose. New 40" from @Nick@Apollo-Optics in the mail. Screw that Chinese crap, just spend the money to get a decent light

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I know this thread is a month old but need to make an edit. My cheapie light bar... total shit. Worked great for 2 months then fogged up like a ****, even after the extra dousing of silicone I put to it. It served it's purpose for the money I suppose. New 40" from @Nick@Apollo-Optics in the mail. Screw that Chinese crap, just spend the money to get a decent light

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I'm glad I could help get you set up again, Dustin! Thank you again for your continued support!

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wanted to let you guys know what I decided to do. Even though I was afraid of the price when I first saw it, I went ahead and purchased all Rigid Industries. After reading and watching many reviews it was hard to deny the quality. Plus with the black Friday sale there's no way I could've passed up this opportunity. What I ended up with was:
- 20" combo light bar #120312
- Flood lights #20211
- Spot Fog lights #50481
- Amber light Cover #20193

I installed everything myself and it came out amazing. The 20 inch combo bar throws out an unbelievable amount of light, I installed it in the lower bumper portion. (pictures to come)

One thing that I would like to note what I did that seemed to be different from most of the topics I've read was the way the wires were connected. Like many people here, I cursed at Ford at the length of the wires that were supplied behind the glovebox. As a precaution in case I messed up and had to cut the wire shorter, or me changing my mind in the future on what switch goes to what, I decided to use was Bullet Electrical connectors (see image below) at the glovebox and engine area. By doing this I was able to worry about one end of each wire and then simply connect the ones I wanted. I wrapped everything up electrical tape and called it a day. Now if I decide to change lights/switches I simply untape, unplug, replug..... Worked perfect!

31Agm4ALxML._SX425_.jpg

Thanks for all the help.

Use some dielectric grease on these, they do corrode.

aR4CE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the behind the grill, I bought cheapo 40" and drilled out 2 L brackets I had lying around.. it's the last light to be turned on and is just for some extra light. The rigids up front do most of the work.