Light bars!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read a ton of forums and got all the same thing, "you get what you pay for"

I just don't want to pay too much for too little! I browsed around and I have a osram led bar on the bottom 20" that I love but not sure if this would hold up to those specs at all 54" 520W OSRAM Curved LED Light Bar Spot Flood Combo Offroad Driving 4X4WD 50" | eBay

---------- Post added at 03:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 AM ----------

I do know the danger of Ebay lightbars but I have a 350$ ebay giftcard I need to use up, how does this look to more professional buyers?

intow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Iv got a 52" eBay special that's been on my sXs for 2 years now and has taken a beating, including a couple rollovers. It's never missed a beat and was $198 delivered to my door. I have some friends that have purchased smaller eBay specials and had only half the lights work, water in lease etc. guess you gotta just take the chance.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
My suggestion, take it for what it's worth. Put cheap bars behind your grill, as the useable light is already decreased being behind there. As for a roof mount, if you plan on doing tight trails where there are low-hung trees, get a cheap bar. However, if you plan on doing wide open running, buy a quality light bar: Baja Designs, VisionX, KC, etc.

OP
OP
waddellw

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Jimbo Yeah I agree with you on that one, I just want a curved one and really don't want to dish out 2,400 for a light bar I checked out all those brands for other lighting and stuff but the best they have for roof mount is a 50" straight. I'm going to keep looking around maybe Rough Country has one

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Rough Country has one out for 600 bucks that's a Cree bar http://www.roughcountry.com/54-inch-curved-led-light-bar-72954.html

They advertise 25000 lumens off 312 watts while the cheaper ebay bar is 52000 at 520 watts

I'm not exactly sure how long either would last but I had a 20 in my lower grill a while ago that broke off the end mounts going down the road and fell out, never shattered and still worked but it was unmountable

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
@t_j can give you some ideas on cheap Chinese bars, he's had good luck with his to this point and he roughs them up quite a bit.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm a Vision X guy but talk to Apollo Optics you can click their banner on the right side of the page

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use Baja designs but take a look at bullydog bars. They seem pretty good and are a cheaper alternative

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had decent success with my cheep bars. I have a 40" totron behind the grill and a 50" auxbeam on the roof rack (rebranded totron). Lots of other vendors with their own brand rebrand totron lights.

I had decent warranty results on the totrons. Some have failed after ~2 years of being on the truck but I will be stripping them down and repairing them.