light bar vs PIAA or KC lights on roof.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southpaw14_2004

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to have a light rack built by WSI but I was wondering about the pro's and cons of a light bar vs having 4 KC or PIAA lights on the roof. I have seen a bunch of pics of a light bar mounted on the roof but not to many with the round lights. Does anybody have any pics of a set up like that?

mountainsco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no need to have massive lights anymore with the advent of LED technology. It is slow coming, but LED lights will replace almost every other lighting source and do it better, cheaper, more reliable, and last longer than the vehicle that they are placed into duty.

G & P Racing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No, you will just need massive amounts of LED bars, ala BJ Baldwins TT, very cool stuff but not cheap. I like LED's and currently run them on the front bumper, have a bumper redesign in the works and will increase the size of the LED bars. Up top I am going with a new set of 70watt HID carbons in a new mount. very very bright and long range, plus I still like the look, call me old school. lol , but you are correct the last evolution of high end large LED bars are very good.

1893_zpsadad8015.jpg

G & P Racing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, I really like that look too!! We moved away from the round lights on the bumper to improve airflow into the cooling system, but do like that look a lot. Will still most likely run them at Snoball...right now they are mounted on our support dually and look bad ass up on the rack above the cab.

Kwasnick

Reaction score
Here is a couple of pic for you of a seven round light roof mount set up I run.

DSC_0646_zpsd9d4c97d.jpg

DSC_0152_zpsc61eb329.jpg

I know this is old but if this poster is still here can you or someone else please explain this light setup. I would like more information on which exact lights these are. What beam patterns and types of lights are used where on this truck and why.

Most specifically what are those two center lights on the bumper that look blue? What are they for? I am guessing the two amber ones are fog lights.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know this is old but if this poster is still here can you or someone else please explain this light setup. I would like more information on which exact lights these are. What beam patterns and types of lights are used where on this truck and why.

Most specifically what are those two center lights on the bumper that look blue? What are they for? I am guessing the two amber ones are fog lights.

Just some general infor, they are KC 70w pods, not sure on the patterns. The blue covers you see on the bumper lights is for the snow. Blue is one of the best colors to use in snow i believe. Hopefully someone else can also chime in