Light bar- base of windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aR4CE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen a couple trucks here and there with a bar mounted at the base of the windshield; thought it could be a good idea. I was considering using an SDHQ cowl mount and fabbing it to mount a 60" or something similar.

Thoughts or experiences? main driver behind it is garage clearance, and being in lower I thought it might be quieter.

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where is it mounted exactly? I've seen some guys bolt lights to their hood and IMHO it looks terrible, but then again I've never seen a Raptor in person with a light bar that low. Normally it's white trash POS trucks in central Florida.

Do you have a sample pic of your plans?

OP
OP
aR4CE

aR4CE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll work on getting a plan drawn up- it would be a curved bar that hugs the windshield line, and mounts to a similar mount like the SDHQ (most guys put duallies or light cannons on them)- if the hood clearance is there, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmm, might be interesting to see. You'll want to make sure it's not going to throw a lot of glare off your hood too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

phydough

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're headed in a bad direction. All them fancy mounts. Just start drilling holes and adding shit.

aja2vRx.jpg

:ROFLJest:

OP
OP
aR4CE

aR4CE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing- luckily this one has the full matte hood wrap graphics.

I'm planning to use an el-cheapo bar as a proof of concept and go from there.

Anyone have a set of no-drill hood mounts I can trade for the rigid fog light brackets?

Hmm, might be interesting to see. You'll want to make sure it's not going to throw a lot of glare off your hood too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

yeehaw, lets roll coal!

This will be my one visible long bar

You're headed in a bad direction. All them fancy mounts. Just start drilling holes and adding shit.

aja2vRx.jpg

:ROFLJest:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free