License Plate LED Bulb Comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used the Sylvania's for the license plate lights on my 2012 and the wife's 2014 Enclave...much improvement over the stock lights.

.....and the law dogs have spotlights to light up your plates guys, keep your stock lights, it won't matter. If they want to see your plate, they will get it
i noticed that when the police see the license plate bulb modification it makes them look twice at it. if they see just the regular bulbs, they tend to look less. but thats my experience here

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dunno if they run my plate there is no reason to pull me and if they want to pull me over they can know what my plate says because I ain't running, those days are over.

I run leds in my plate lights. I like the way it looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

treatcg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed my rear camera does not like the brighter LED bulbs. They seem to glare a lot.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed my rear camera does not like the brighter LED bulbs. They seem to glare a lot.

I'm taking my LED's out for the license plate area. They cause too much white wash for the Rear Camera.
Noah has a good point to as in regards to .....lighting up your license plate when it's not necessary

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Noah, does Mr. "lights all over my truck" have something to hide by not wanting to illuminate his license plate to the fullest? lol

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess you don't really have much to gain by making your license plate more visible LOL

TheJACKedViking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had LED bulbs on the license plate for a little while now. Besides them looking better I noticed the toll gantries here in Central Texas have trouble reading the plate at night when the transponder can't pickup my toll tag. Missed out on about $50 or so in tolls so far. I had the glare issue when I had the stock bumper but with the aftermarket one I don't get the glare anymore on the rear camera.

I have a custom plate so it's going to get a double take from DPS regardless, haha.