Let there be light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014 Rapture

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Owner of a new 2014 Raptor. I am a stickler for lights... this is what I have accomplished so far...

Rigid Industries Raptor fog light kit.
1 pair D2 Amber Floods
1 pair D2 Clear Spots

Rigid D2 flush mount diffused mounted as back up light with holes cut in the rear bumper.

Swapped factory HIDs for FX4 because they have a blacked out housing not grey.

Custom Anzo Smoked Led Tails

Swapped all interior and exterior bulbs to hyper white leds.

7ehydaze.jpg
a5ene5ah.jpg
2yty4a8a.jpg
y2u9ajej.jpg
y3uqe8ub.jpg
yvegejut.jpg
gunute2a.jpg
e6y2y3am.jpg
gabe9abe.jpg
sada4ury.jpg
aqebu8e6.jpg
e4a4a6ev.jpg
huru6apu.jpg
yve3ytyj.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
2014 Rapture

2014 Rapture

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe you would be able to answer this... I want more bass from my factory Sony system. Can I just wire a different 8 in sub and put it in the factory enclosure or do I HAVE to replace the amp?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
new enclosure, new amp, and new woofer. the oem amp is too small to power a decent woofer. the oem enclosure is too small and flimsy to accomodate a bigger woofer.

OP
OP
2014 Rapture

2014 Rapture

Full Access Member
Reaction score
new enclosure, new amp, and new woofer. the oem amp is too small to power a decent woofer. the oem enclosure is too small and flimsy to accomodate a bigger woofer.
I appreciate your quick reply. This is what keeps me coming back to this forum the awesome people and the breadth of knowledge they collectively possess. Thanks again.

Goofball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you wire the reverse rigids? I like what ou have going thus far. If you buy a set of black methods wheels though... I will come find you and kick you square in the balls. Welcome !

OP
OP
2014 Rapture

2014 Rapture

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the beadlocks for a reason. I wired the reverse lights into Aux switch #4 as well as into the reverse signal with a diode inline to stop backfeed. I wanted to be able to use them with or without the truck in reverse. I am really happy with the way it all came together. Thanks for looking.

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same set up of D2s as you..amber on the inside and white outside...try aiming those white spots outward alittle and i think you might like it...the HIDs have a very sharp cut off on the sides and by aiming the lights a little outward it really picks up the side of the road where the OEM lights fail to cover...my main reason is to spot deer on dark mountain/back roads...

im in the process of figuring out if i want the vision x 21 bar in the front bumper or a 30 inch bar mounted on some kind of bar that wont block my front plate