LEDs on third brake light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svt_ivan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When do the leds on the third brake light turn on? Are those my brake lights or are they suppose to be on all the time when all my other lights are on? I have a feeling they might be no good.

OP
OP
svt_ivan

svt_ivan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LED's turn on when your lights are on. They also get brighter when you step on the brake. What do you mean by "no good"?

I guess that's what I needed to know. They're not lighting up whatsoever and I just noticed it today.

sidelock

Reaction score
FYI

FYI:
Replaced entire 3rd brake unit last July on my "13 SCREW. One LED gone. Just had dealer order another one. This time it was a different LED bulb gone. No charge - warranty. Looks like it's a weak manufacturer part.

OP
OP
svt_ivan

svt_ivan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI:

Replaced entire 3rd brake unit last July on my "13 SCREW. One LED gone. Just had dealer order another one. This time it was a different LED bulb gone. No charge - warranty. Looks like it's a weak manufacturer part.

That's awesome. The thing is I have mine tinted, do you think i'll have any problem with the dealership not wanting to warranty out due to that?

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just had my unit replace this week. The LED's burned out. Actually noticed it because there was a big burn mark inside the lens. Ford must have Recon making these for them

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Replaced mine out to warranty for $150.00 for same issue no LEDs. Also no signs of water damage which is a common problem.

RangerRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be a good idea to check the connector and plug on the back of the light. I was having an issue with my LEDs not coming on a few months back. I pull the light and discovered that two of the metal blades inside the connector weren't making contact, so the LEDs weren't getting power. Just throwing it out there that it weren't hurt to check the connectors before a replacing the whole light

-Rob

OP
OP
svt_ivan

svt_ivan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be a good idea to check the connector and plug on the back of the light. I was having an issue with my LEDs not coming on a few months back. I pull the light and discovered that two of the metal blades inside the connector weren't making contact, so the LEDs weren't getting power. Just throwing it out there that it weren't hurt to check the connectors before a replacing the whole light

-Rob

Yeah, i guess should check the connectors before trying to get it replaced under warranty. Thanks for the heads up.